Notifications
Clear all

Parthenolide

10 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@timmur)
Topic starter  

I apologize if this has been talked about here in the past, but I didn't find anything after searching. The site I'm linking has tons of references to parthenolide's anti-cancer properties, but parthenolide has terrible bioavailability. Having said that, these guys claim to have made a product that is highly bioavailable. Any thoughts or experiences with this product? Thanks.

Bioavailable Parthenolide is a specific Histone Deacetylase (HDAC) Inhibitor, Part 2

ButturZym

(@j)

@timmur

I had never heard of this product. The list of ingredients says it contains valproic acid, that's a pharmaceutical drug. How did that get in there?

https://www.drugs.com/mtm/valproic-acid.html

ReplyQuote
(@timmur)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @j

@timmur

I had never heard of this product. The list of ingredients says it contains valproic acid, that's a pharmaceutical drug. How did that get in there?

Yeah, I saw that. Valproic acid is a pretty effective anti-cancer drug. I'm not sure why it's in there other than maybe it's synergistic with parthenolide?

ReplyQuote
(@j)

Posted by: @timmur

@timmur

Yeah, I saw that. Valproic acid is a pretty effective anti-cancer drug. I'm not sure why it's in there other than maybe it's synergistic with parthenolide?

Yes, it's also an HDAC inhibitor, but I meant this is a prescription drug, how can they just toss it in there mixed with feverfew extract?

ReplyQuote
(@timmur)
Topic starter  

@timmur

Yes, it's also an HDAC inhibitor, but I meant this is a prescription drug, how can they just toss it in there mixed with feverfew extract?

That, sir, is a good question, lol. Not one that I have an answer for. I'd have to know how much is in there before I'd consider using their formulation.

ReplyQuote
(@j)

@timmur

That, sir, is a good question, lol. Not one that I have an answer for. I'd have to know how much is in there before I'd consider using their formulation.

lol, and they claim it's 100% natural, wow! 

ReplyQuote
(@timmur)
Topic starter  

@j Hey I found an old document on methyl jasmonate (I posted it in a new thread) and found a small section on parthenolide. I'm posting this straight from that document as is. Check it out!

We have two ways to reduce NF-kappaB in cancer cells. Glutamine is the first and parthenolide is the second. Parthenolide, due to its poor bioavailability, must be administered topically in a 70% DMSO gel. I have 99% pure parthenolide if anyone wants it. It cost $100 for 10 grams payable via PayPal. The PayPal payment address is [email protected].  The 10 grams is mixed in four ounces of the DMSO gel, a standard commercial size. Parthenolide is effective in low concentrations so a little could go a long way. 
In the next essay, I will discuss the WNT pathway that stimulates the growth of cancer stem cells. Cyclic AMP inhibitors, of which there are many, inhibit this pathway.

So it looks like I'm going to be looking for parthenolide and DSMO gel!

johan and johan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@timmur)
Topic starter  

Rational Design of a Parthenolide-based Drug Regimen That Selectively Eradicates Acute Myelogenous Leukemia Stem Cells

Note the rational approach used here is similar to similar approaches discussed on this site on a regular basis. It's almost like a rational cocktail of substances will be more effective than typical monotherapies or serial drug approaches!

ReplyQuote
(@j)

Rational Design of a Parthenolide-based Drug Regimen That Selectively Eradicates Acute Myelogenous Leukemia Stem Cells

Note the rational approach used here is similar to similar approaches discussed on this site on a regular basis. It's almost like a rational cocktail of substances will be more effective than typical monotherapies or serial drug approaches!

It's just too expensive and complicated to do multi-substance clinical trials and once you realize this a well-thought-out cocktail strategy becomes the obvious route to follow IMO.

ReplyQuote
(@j)

Nettle Tea Inhibits Growth of Acute Myeloid Leukemia Cells In Vitro by Promoting Apoptosis

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7551597/

ReplyQuote
Share: