Before going for su...

Before going for surgery ask for the tumor to be stored frozen, for future Immunotherapies  

RSS

Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
04/05/2017 12:05 am  

One very important point to remember before going for surgery is to make it very clear to the surgeon that you wish to store frozen tumor tissue for future immunological therapies. 

Alex
 Alex
(@snake)
04/05/2017 12:14 am  

Yeh, too late now... 🙁

Many like my mother and i have rushed to the doctors without adequate reading before.

The doctors were meant to inform, treat, help, consult etc. They only did a little treating. *cutting*.

Thank you very much,
Alex

Together We Can Do it!

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
04/05/2017 12:23 am  

I also didn't know in advance Alex. Yet, the hospital did stored some frozen samples due to the rarity of the tumor type. I am not too late as some people may come across this msg, prior to the surgery. Some people have the time to study prior to the decision.

ReplyQuote
Alex
 Alex
(@snake)
04/05/2017 12:30 am  

i wasn't questioning your timing Daniel. Obviously it's never too late to save lives.

It is however very sad that the medical establishment doesn't apply it's own latest discoveries in the best interest of the patient, to actually save more lives.

Would have been very nice if the medical establishment would have educated us or even better, would have made the best choices for us, the actual best choices, not the financially most beneficial choices for them, or time saving shortcuts etc.

Anyway, i'm blowing steam for nothing now.

Thank you very much,
Alex

Together We Can Do it!

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
04/05/2017 12:51 am  

I know you were not questioning that Alex. The medical establishments are not aware of the recent developments + even if they would if it is not yet part of the protocol they can not recommend + immuno therapies using frozen sample are not yet proven to be effective + cost are high so they may not be covered even if there are no other options ...

ReplyQuote
Share: