Get our GP'S on board!  

RSS

Pavia Milfeldt Lumholt
(@pavialumholt)
11/01/2020 3:27 pm  

Imagine all General Practitioners had easy access to potential benefits of ordinary drugs. It would make it a lot easier to get prescription on repurposed drugs if they only knew.

As a doctor myself, I see only one way to raise awareness of RD's and cancer in the medical community: Start talking about the benefits of repurposed drugs as "drug interactions" - in this case positive interactions with conventional oncological treatment.

Please share my TEDx Talk on this topic

https://youtu.be/31VBTLit68I

Daniel and johan liked
Daniel
(@daniel)
Member Admin
12/01/2020 3:38 pm  

@pavialumholt

Dear Pavia,

Thank you for sharing with us your talk and thank you for stepping forward to share your positive view on re-purposed drugs with the world.

Your idea to push repurposed drugs forward is indeed very good, i.e. the drug information system platforms should contain info not only regarding the negative but also the positive interactions.

Now the challenge is about defining next steps that will lead to the actual implementation of your idea.

We can all share the link to your TEDx talk, but to help that idea get moment we need to do more than that. One way I can imagine that is within our reach and can help the momentum is the following:

You will write a summary of your background, and idea, with the link to the TEDx and I will publish it. It will be published on this website in a new section that I intend to create on the website, where new perspectives on addressing the oncology challenge will be addressed, written by professionals like you. This will give more visibility to your idea since once published it will go to the e-mail box of many registered people on this website including patients, medical doctors and scientists.

Next to that, I think it's important to connect and brainstorm on ways forward. There are a lot of people like us, with understanding on what should be done to improve the world, but each trying to change the world alone or with it's own network. Instead, I think it's important to consolidate our efforts. 

Please let me know if you find relevant any of the above.

Kind regards,

Daniel

ReplyQuote
Pavia Milfeldt Lumholt
(@pavialumholt)
12/01/2020 6:10 pm  

@daniel

Hi Daniel

Thank You so much for Your reply. It's just what I hoped for - the mutual understanding that it is imminent, difficult, but possible to bridge the world of oncology and the world of intelligent common sense.

I will be back with summaries and more on my experiences. 

Pavia

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
Member Admin
12/01/2020 7:51 pm  

@pavialumholt

Hi Pavia,

Great! I will wait for the summary at the following e-mail daniel ( at ) cancertreatmentsresearch.com and after that we will also discuss, if you like, about other options to move forward.

Kind regards,
Daniel

ReplyQuote
johan
(@johan)
Estimable Member
12/01/2020 10:23 pm  

Great initiative! 👍 

ReplyQuote
Share: