Combination of Paclitaxel , Drugs and Supplements
- CA125 values is dropping at much lower rate (especially these last two weeks decreasing only 81 units compared to previous weeks). We are wondering if this is because of less sensitivity to Taxol by now or the combination/dosage of the protocol and chemo together. Any suggestions or changes we could make?
- In your opinion can we take Hydrochloriquine the next day after IVC and 20h before Chemo day? I have read that would be better to stop it 24h before chemo and 48h after IVC infusion.
- Stopping Metformin, Statin, Mebendazole. Berberine, Curcumin 2 days before chemo, would this make chemo more effective instead of taking them continuously?
- After today we will have our first two weeks break from the chemo. During the break would you suggest to continue with the current plan as it is OR take all the drugs/supp. 7 days out of 7 with no breaks AND/OR add any other additional drugs/supplements/therapies?
Thank you in advance!
Thank you for posting here the summary.
Addressing your questions:
1. To try to increase chemo effectiveness,
- I would focus on addressing as many resistance mechanisms as possible. Some of them have been shortly discussed long time ago but still valid here https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/if-chemotheraphy/
- I would increase the dose of the supplements used at the level we discussed on the phone (specifically Omega 3 and Curcumin)
- I would consider DCA too. Some years ago, a member of this forum used DCA prior to taxol and succeeded to improve response multiple times
2. It doesn't make sense to stop HCQ prior to chemo in my view:
- due to its mode of action it should actually help chemo when taken continuously
- even if we would need to stop we could not because its half-time is very long, nearly one month - so even if you stop it, it will still circulate in the blood for long time
3. "Stopping Metformin, Statin, Mebendazole. Berberine, Curcumin 2 days before chemo" - yes, it is exactly what we discussed on the phone and in my view it has to be done for nearly all chemo. The first one that I would restart would be Metformin during the chemo day.
Doxy, Omega should not be stopped in my view but keep continuous.
4. Yes, I would continue with them and increase the dose of Omega and Curcumin. Please use the search function of this website (there are two, one searching in the Blog posts and its comments and another searching in the Forum section) and you will find many relevant ideas.
Options that could be considered start range from repurposed drugs ad supplements and go to intravenous treatments such as Curcumin, Taurolidine and Salinomycin (as discussed on the phone). Taurolidine https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/taurolidine/ is a treatment option that has been used by an ovarian cancer patient I was in contact with, with very positive results (from a very challenging state to nearly complete remission), and it is available at German clinics. However, this may take longer time compared to the 2-weeks brake.
For ovarian cancer, I would really consider implementing as many of the repurposed drugs and supplements along the anti-cholesterol strategy line https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/reduce-cholesterol-in-cancer-cells-to-fight-cancer/
If there are other specific questions please let me know. For short questions just send me an WhatsApp.
Have a nice weekend and good health to your mom!
I think we went through most of these points during teh call last night. If there is any point left to address, please let me know.