Notifications
Clear all

Piperlongumine

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@ram)
Topic starter  

The dose for Piperlongumine (Long Pepper) is 3g/day in the article “Modulating the Yin and Yang Energy of Cells to Fight Cancer:Pro-Oxidant Strategy.” Does anyone know if Piperlongumine is an antioxidant if taken a doses less than 3g/day?

Topic Tags
(@j)

Posted by: @ram

The dose for Piperlongumine (Long Pepper) is 3g/day in the article “Modulating the Yin and Yang Energy of Cells to Fight Cancer:Pro-Oxidant Strategy.” Does anyone know if Piperlongumine is an antioxidant if taken a doses less than 3g/day?

@ram I wouldn't worry about any antioxidant activity you might find in the scientific literature about PL, if any it's weak and will not produce any protumor effect. N-acetylcysteine (NAC) and glutathione (GSH) are strong antioxidants and should be avoided in any ROS-inducing treatment.

In this study, a low dose of PL produced similar anticancer activity as the higher doses:

Piperlongumine selectively kills hepatocellular carcinoma cells and preferentially inhibits their invasion via ROS-ER-MAPKs-CHOP

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4467445/

ReplyQuote
(@ram)
Topic starter  

Thank you, Johan, for responding to my question. The dose in the article you provided is 1.5 mg/kg/day. My mom weighs 63.5kg. So, theoretically speaking, she should take at least 95mg of Piperlongumine per day to get the same anticancer activity reported in the article, correct?

ReplyQuote
Share: