Notifications
Clear all

Liposomal Vitamin C vs IV specifically for CLL

timmur
(@timmur)
Topic starter  

I'm hoping you guys can weigh in on the use of Liposomal Vitamin C (5-gram dose or higher) rather than IV Vitamin C. Logistically, it will be much easier for me to dose with the liposomal C. I realize that the necessary level of C to get a therapeutic (pro-oxidant) effect would normally favor the IV over the liposomal, but CLL is a special case as research has shown that lower levels are cytotoxic to CLL B cells.

Liposomal vitamin C has been apparently shown to achieve up to about 400 μM. The linked paper demonstrates that a level of 250 μM is enough to be cytotoxic to CLL B cells. Clearly, IV vitamin C would be guaranteed to reach high enough levels, but it will be difficult for me to get that treatment. On the other hand, liposomal vitamin C will be easy. Thoughts?

Here's the link to the research I alluded to.

Ascorbic acid is cytotoxic for CLL B-cells at low dose (250 μM) but spares healthy B-cells. Ascorbic-acid-induced cytotoxicity involved pro-oxidant damage through the generation of reactive oxygen species in the extracellular media and in CLL cells, and induced caspase-dependent apoptosis. We also found that AA treatment overcame the supportive survival effect provided by microenvironment including bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells, T-cell cues (CD40L + IL-4), cytokines and hypoxia. Our data suggest that resistance to AA could be mediated by the expression of the enzyme catalase in some CLL samples and by the glucose metabolite pyruvate. We also demonstrated that AA synergistically potentiates the cytotoxicity of targeted therapies used in or being developed for CLL.

johan
(@j)

@timmur

check out this video presentation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHKBhz7OCB4

ReplyQuote
timmur
(@timmur)
Topic starter  

@j Wow, thanks for that! I've always been a bit suspicious about how well liposomal formulations work. This method will work perfectly! And cheaper!

ReplyQuote
johan
(@j)

@timmur I have more info on vitamin c on my blog:

https://synergiesforcancertreatments.blogspot.com/p/vitamin-c.html

ReplyQuote
timmur
(@timmur)
Topic starter  

@j Wow, lots of great info! I didn't realize you had a site! Thanks again! I think we may need to have more conversations, lol!

johan liked
ReplyQuote
Share: