Notifications
Clear all

Hydrogen Gas

Jcancom
(@jcancom)
Topic starter  

A great deal of forum excitement has arisen from D's forum post about hydrogen late last year. A patient with a brain tumor has already seen benefit. D has also recently posted a blog article about hydrogen and many appear interested. This thread might be a good place to continue the discussion.

We might want to consider to meta-analyze the various existing cancer clinical trials that have already reported results. It surprises me that this treatment has escaped our attention with all of its reports in clinical trials gov. Perhaps we should download all of the cancer clinical trials from clinical trials gov and keep an eye on the treatments that exist there. It would be helpful to have a software program that could index the word count for the treatment field. "Hydrogen" would have popped up several times.

I attached a comma separated file of the word "Hydrogen" into clinical trials gov and the file contains the results. However, not all of these trials appear to involve hydrogen. What is actually quite exciting is that hydrogen is being used as a potential treatment for COVID. Everything is in hurry up mode with COVID. One of the trials in the attached file talks of using 3L/min flow for 8 hours! this is exactly what we want to see! We want to see what happens when treatment duration changes etc. and how this might affect safety etc.. COVID might allow us to learn a great deal about hydrogen treatment. 

Jcancom
(@jcancom)
Topic starter  

I am so grateful to D that he posted the Hydrogen article and we can investigate the treatment further. We cannot expect all the answers to our questions to be available soon though at least the conversation can begin.

Something that I am especially interested in is whether Hydrogen therapy will be broadly effective against lung and brain mets. Exposing the lung directly to hydrogen represents a very good route of delivery. This is perhaps the first such inhalation treatment that might be applied to a wide range of patients that we have noted on forum. Perhaps this could be a priority in the research because mets to the lung are reasonably common in cancer and create difficulty in maintaining quality of life for patients. It would be quite a breakthrough if preventive treatment could actually stop such spread. Same observation might also apply to brain mets. Hydrogen therapy might be a powerful way of controlling clinical progression. Brain mets create especially difficult issues in maintaining patients. The clinical research to date suggests that hydrogen therapy might be especially helpful in both lung and brain cancer. 

In D's blog post comments I speculated about the combinations that might be effective. There is the antioxidant strategy and there is also the more direct metabolic focus. I am interested to see how dual metabolic targets could be used with hydrogen. Simultaneously targeting OXPHOS and glycolysis is a common (and quite powerful approach) that we have seen numerous times on forum. The potential for hydrogen therapy to be applied metronomically could provide a particularly strong tumor response.

Hydrogen treatment could give us yet another strong metabolic lever into cancer control.

Daniel liked
ReplyQuote
Jcancom
(@jcancom)
Topic starter  

I have thought of something interesting.

Deuterium depleted water (DDW) has been in development as an anti-cancer therapy for quite some time now. What if Deuterium depleted hydrogen gas therapy could help amplify the effects of straight hydrogen gas? The Hydrogen atom exists in two stable isotopes: deuterium (D or 2H)  and protium (H or 1H). These two different forms have different chemical properties and apparently removing some of 150 ppm D found in water can help in the treatment of cancer. 

Perhaps it would then be helpful to consider how hydrogen gas/water treatment could be changed to protium gas/water treatment. One suggestion for this is to use DDW in the hydrogen machine. One would then expect that this would create lower deuterium hydrogen gas/water content. It might even be possible to separate out the protium and deuterium molecules when the hydrogen is made. There are chemical differences that perhaps could be exploited to cleanly separate the two: possibly by density.     

Manuone liked
ReplyQuote
Share: