3BP may advance to clinical trials with NewGLAB Co.  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
14/09/2019 9:59 pm  

@jcancom

Hi J, you are right - and metabolic treatments may get more attention. Btw, do you know, are they going to treat the patients with systemic or local administration of 3BP? I am also curious to see what is the selection criteria for the patients joining the trial. It may be that they will select only patients with one blood type only.

ReplyQuote
Jcancom
(@jcancom)
14/09/2019 11:55 pm  

D, yes and from what I understand the company is positioning itself as the next wave of cancer treatment using metabolic approaches with other drugs. They would be on scene to see how patients might respond in combos. After all the years that we have talked about these different existing metabolic drugs we know how powerful that they can be in combination. It is still somewhat surprising how true that is. E.g., simply adding in a drug that in some places might even be OTC (paracetamol) with an extremely powerful treatment (3-BP) the entire tumor mass completely metabolically collapsed. Or as you noted recently possibly add in another GSH inhibitor namely FEN. Or E260. They treated with this very selective OXPHOS subunit 1 inhibitor, yet it was only when they added in ketogenic diet that there was a profound anti-cancer effect. It is fairly strange. The first drug might be only marginally successful (even something like 3-BP), though you add in a combo metabolic and you then see profound effects. We saw that with 3-BP that at Bracht there were a great many patients who apparently had very little benefit, yet at Dayspring where they add in other integrative treatments you see a string of successes.

This might be the trajectory for 3-BP, they might start off with monotherapy. Once it has cleared monotherapy they would then be able to use very powerful combos. Hopefully, not because that could take years and years.

D, it is frustrating because there is a substantial language barrier. There must be a great amount of information on the Korean language based internet, though it is not easy for me to understand. In some of the news reports there appeared to be mention of compassionate care patients that have already been treated and responded well. Any one out there with reach into these Korean sites please chime in!

Also with selection criteria, that is a very important issue. If this is going to be a slow and steady approach, then there might be no selection and probably not much response either. However, it is reasonable to expect that responder patients could be identified even before 3-BP treatment. Such selection is how many of the breakthough treatments have been advanced through trials (such as BRAF). With selection for 3-BP, you could start seeing the responses that have captivated us for all of these years. It really would not take too many patients who could be prospectively identified as a strong responder (e.g. melanoma patient) before  3-BP would essentially have to brought to patients on an emergency compassionate basis. People could become very freaked out by that. I would be very freaked out by that. The patient would essentially have a resurrection. I simply do not see how it would be possible to keep this contained if a 3-BP revival video went viral globally.

Not sure about the blood type angle; for me I would be thinking more about MCT-1 type, open MCT-1 is one of the only things that is needed. Yet, with neonc and POH perhaps even that is not needed.

D, this has been a hard struggle for you and all of our friends on the forum and elsewhere. Congratulations for all your efforts and devotions. Go team! 3-BP is such a strong drug that it might have happened on its own merits. Perhaps we are only flapping our wings and not having any influence. However, if I could turn back the clock, I would not have let the winds of chance guide this. I have the sense that all of our hopes and dreams and tragedies and prayers have contributed to finally seeing progress for metabolic medicine.   

Best Wishes, J

johan liked
ReplyQuote
Jcancom
(@jcancom)
16/09/2019 3:04 pm  

critic on the compass forum has posted that NYH817100 is not actually 3BP; it is gossypol and phenformin. I had confused NYH817100 and 3-BP. This is a problem with the language barrier. Their formulation of 3-BP is on a somewhat slower timeline to start clinical trials.

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
16/09/2019 7:43 pm  

@jcancom

Thanks for the update J! Here is teh pipeline with the status on the 3BP based drugs http://newglabpharma.com/rnd/clinical_development/ The best is to use this website in order to track the developments and the related news.

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
16/09/2019 7:47 pm  

@jcancom

and here is the advisory board : ) http://newglabpharma.com/about_us/organization/

Given the people involved, it's possible that dr. Ko is (one of the) owners of this company.

ReplyQuote
Jcancom
(@jcancom)
17/09/2019 1:05 am  

Thank you D! I had not fully realized that Glab was the American subsidiary. The website describes all the ideas  that we have been discussing for the last number of years, so it is all quite familiar.

I had expected that the Korean component of the business would lead 3-BP into clinical trials. Now I am not so sure. Glab (America) has a list of cancer indications which are apparently preparing for trials labelled as KAT. Other clinical trials in Korea might or might not be run before those in States. Any idea what formulation KAT will be using?

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
17/09/2019 1:21 am  

@jcancom

You are very welcome J. I think the answer to your question should be reflect by the patents of dr. Ko. I would expect anything they are going to do is already incorporated. But I haven't had the time to check if there is any new patent on 3BP from dr. Ko. If you find anything new, please let me know.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: