Notifications
Clear all

Supplements and weekly low-dose metronomic chemo

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@ram)
Topic starter  

Hello. My mother will be starting low-dose chemo soon. The regiment includes paclitaxel (60 mg/m²) or Abraxane, oxaliplatin (50 mg/m²), Leucovorin (20 mg/m², minimum dose of 40 mg), and 5-FU (425 mg/m²) [POLF/NOLF] administered weekly for 12 weeks. The article “Modulating the Yin and Yang Energy of Cells to Fight Cancer:Pro-Oxidant Strategy” says, "the food supplements (such as Curcumin, EGCG, Quercetin, Piperlongumine, and others mentioned above) can be applied continuously, with a short brake starting a few days before chemo/radio (2-3 days) and until a few days after (2-3 days)." Because my mom is having weekly chemo infusions, she only has a 24-hour window to take these supplements if she breaks for 72 hours both before and after chemo. Can anyone tell me if the Curcumin, EGCG, Quercetin, Piperlongumine, and others will be effective if they are only taken during a 24-hour period once a week?

(@j)

@ram Maybe a little there's no way to tell but natural products can reduce harm to normal cells e.g. curcumin reduces cytotoxicity of 5-FU ref

Protecting the liver and kidneys from chemotherapy is very important in my view.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7248929/

J Ramon reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: