Notifications
Clear all

Apigenin to enhance chemotherapy

12 Posts
2 Users
6 Likes
(@ram)
Topic starter  

Hello. Is apigenin's chemo-enhancing properties dosage dependent? If so, can anyone tell me what that dosage is? Thank you.

(@j)

@ram you need to check the supplements against each drug used in the cancer treatment. Some supplements can interfere with how much of the drug enters systemic circulation or how it's detoxified.

Apigenin may have anticancer activity at doses >= 1 gram for a 70kg person.

J Ramon reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ram)
Topic starter  

@j Thank you. My mom will be given paclitaxel (60 mg/m²) or Abraxane, oxaliplatin (50 mg/m²), Leucovorin (20 mg/m², minimum dose of 40 mg), and 5-FU (425 mg/m²) each week for 12 weeks. She won't be taking any supplements until 72 hours after chemo infusions. Are 72 hours between chemo and supplementation generally enough time to ensure the supplements won't interfere with how the chemo drugs are detoxified by the liver?

ReplyQuote
(@j)

@ram 2 to 3 days generally is enough time, yes.

J Ramon reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ram)
Topic starter  

@j Thank you. I was wondering: Does the research show to take the 1 gram/day of apigenin in a single dose or can it be something like 400mg 3x/day?

ReplyQuote
(@j)

@ram half-life is short about 5 hours I believe so it's best to spread it out over the day e.g. morning, noon, evening

J Ramon reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ram)
Topic starter  

@j Great. Thank you. Are Luteolin's chemo-enhancing properties also dosage dependent? 

ReplyQuote
(@j)

@ram studies have used varying doses, anticancer effects appear to start at relatively low doses albeit not likely achievable through diet. But yes same remark as with apigenin, with anticancer effects likely starting around 50mg for a 70kg person. The image I've attached is from a study in which they used 50/mg/kg in mice and dosage conversion to a 70 kg person equals to 283 mg.

J Ramon reacted
ReplyQuote
(@j)

@ram and since you are planning on using apigenin and luteolin note that there are possible synergistic effects among these molecules, for more info on anticancer synergies you might want to check out my blog at https://synergiesforcancertreatments.blogspot.com/

J Ramon reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ram)
Topic starter  

@j Hello Johan. I came across an interesting post by Daniel. He said: "Indeed, many of the natural compounds appear to be cell type-specific, concentration-dependent, and may vary in their action depending on if we focus on cancer cells or other cells. Same applies for apigenin, luteolin in terms of Nrf2 modulation." He was answering an inquiry about feverfew. Apparently, feverfew can activate Nrf2 instead of inhibiting it. Do you know the dose in which feverfew inhibits Nrf2, instead of activating it?

ReplyQuote
(@j)

@daniel could you check on the antispam setting of the forum, I just typed a response to @ram including a link to Pubmed and it didn't get thru. annoying! Please add PubMed to a list of no-spam URLs if that's possible. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@ram)
Topic starter  

@j Hello Johan. If the link does not work, can you please provide me with the name of the article? Thank you.

johan reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: