Vitamin C increases...

Vitamin C increases treatment efficacy when combined with standard-of-care radio-chemotherapy in NSCLC  

RSS

Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
03/04/2018 11:04 pm  

Thanks to Ergin for indicating this article "O2⋅- and H2O2-Mediated Disruption of Fe Metabolism Causes the Differential Susceptibility of NSCLC and GBM Cancer Cells to Pharmacological Ascorbate."   https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28366679 published in the Cancer Cell, one of the top scientific peer-reviewed journals reporting major advances in cancer research and oncology. This is a well researched article published in 2017 and co-authored by 35 medical doctors and scientists from USA stating the following:

"Despite advances in treatment strategies, 5-year overall survival in NSCLC and GBM has not significantly increased over the last 20 years. Here, we demonstrate that pharmacological ascorbate represents an easily implementable and non-toxic agent that may increase treatment efficacy when combined with standard-of-care radio-chemotherapy in NSCLC and GBM. Furthermore, the mechanism by which ascorbate is selectively toxic to cancer cells versus normal cells is shown to involve alterations in redox-active iron metabolism mediated by mitochondrial O2- and H2O2. As fundamental defects in oxidative metabolism leading to increased steady-state levels of O2- and H2O2 emerge as targetable hallmarks of cancer cells, the current findings support a generalized mechanism for the application of pharmacological ascorbate in cancer therapy."

The above is an as clear statement as it can get n a scientific setting, coming from 35 medical doctors and scientists.

E
 E
(@ergin)
05/04/2018 9:43 am  

Hi Daniel,

Prof Mutlu gave me this work.

They are now preparing the statistics from his datas about iv curcumin+iv vitc efficiency.This will be huge data when finished.

For patients:Protocol is everything in cancer treatment.Vitc or curcumin or others doesnt matter.We have to know the blood half life of drugs.Side effects,dosages etc.

What i exactly understand now is:

It also depends on patient and illness type and mostly the STAGE.

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
05/04/2018 4:05 pm  

Hi Ergin,

Thanks. Indeed there are multiple aspects that are important to consider in order to maximize the anticancer effect of a substance. That is the reason I am usually going also in the details of the mechanisms - but on the other hand people like simple things, which is also understandable .... that is the challenge.

I am looking forward to see the statistics from Prof Mutlu.

Kind regards,
Daniel

ReplyQuote
E
 E
(@ergin)
06/04/2018 1:12 am  

Hi Daniel,

Every oncologist must respect to you.

You are doing a great job believe me.

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
06/04/2018 10:20 am  

Thanks Ergin. We all should respect each other. In the end most people on this planet are trying to do the best they can based on own believes. Btw, there is a FB page of those sharing the scientific articles for free, where they often publish new links when the old links are shut down. 

ReplyQuote
E
 E
(@ergin)
07/04/2018 7:03 am  

I wonder what will you find more in this year.You are always in full surprise.

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
07/04/2018 8:21 pm  

Hi Ergin, thanks 🙂 I expect the second half of this year to bring a lot of new content to this website. Will do my best to also add before that time.

ReplyQuote
Share: