Lymphocytes count

Lymphocytes count  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

Westie
(@raymond-wanoptusnet-com-au)
04/10/2019 9:39 am  

Hi Daniel,

Ever since I started Avastin IV (since 12/6/19), my lymphocytes has been around the below 0.5 mark - I am also doing peptide vaccines and with these low lymphocytes, I am concern that there is inadequate T cells (from Lymphocytes) to reach the cancer cells. Do you have suggestions how to increase lymphocytes counts?.
As always, thank you very much for your help.
Raymond

This topic was modified 1 month ago by Daniel

Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
05/10/2019 3:54 pm  

@Westie

can you please add the blood results as an attachment? I removed the table from the comment above as the table was not fitting the window. Are you still taking avastin?

This post was modified 1 month ago by Daniel

ReplyQuote
Westie
13/10/2019 6:56 am  

@daniel - Kindly find attached my heamatology summary.

My current treatment regime:-
a) Started 2 x 200 mg daily TKI: Capmatinib from 10/5/19 to 12/5/19. Started 2 x 400 mg daily Capmatinib from 13/5/19 to current
b) Start Avastin (Bevacizumab) at 15 mg/kg on 12/6/19 at every 3 week cycle
c) Denosumab 120 mg/1.7 mL – Subcutaneous injection – First injection on 24/07/ 2019 @ every 4 weeks to treat bone metastasis
d) Ammonium Tetrathiomolybdate (TM) of 180 mg daily with 300 mg zinc citrate daily 

I am currently taking very high zinc citrate (300 mg daily) to maintain Zn/Cu ratio > 3.
As we know, ratio greater than 2/3 is shown to have high anti-cancer effect, but this can suppress my immunity.

Also, I have up the TM dose to 240 mg daily from 9/10/19 to hopefully lower the Caeruloplasmin (CPL) to < 0.21 (@1/10/19) - it appears that my rather high dose of TM - around 180 mg daily is unable to lower it further. I am trying to add sodium bicarbonate to lower the stomach acid in the hope in can increase the efficacy of TM, hence lower than below 0.21. The lowest CPL achieved thus far is 0.17 on 29/1/19 using 180 TM & 300 mg Zinc Picolinate.

My 'normal' Lymphocytes count is typically below the low normal ( < 1) - typically 0.7 or 0.8.
With TM potentially suppressing the marrow, the Lymphocytes dive down to around 0.5 / 0.6 and now with Avastin, this has really push it down below 0.5.

So far from the latest scans, no active cancer is detected - the above-mentioned regime appears to be working.

I am starting metronomic chemo in 4 weeks or so.

1) Should I change Zinc Citrate to Zinc Gluconate?
If so, since I am currently using 300 mg daily of Zinc Citrate, would 300 mg daily of Zinc Gluconate be a direct replacement?.

2) I understand chemo can impact the marrow (Lymphocytes etc.) - should I perhaps lower the TM dose, Zinc Citrate/Zinc Gluconate during the chemo?.

3) Is there any supplements that can increase Lymphocytes count?.

4) ReaLBuild is a clinically studied formula that helps maintain platelet and white blood cell counts.

Have you had experience with ReaLBuild? Is this safe and effective to take during chemo to assist with maintaining platelet and white blood cell counts?

I heard that there are some concerns that ReaLBuild can adversely impact gut microbiome?.

5) Papaya leaf or papaya tea for platelets.

Can you recommend a good brand (highest quality) and where one can buy it from?

I understand there are many counterfeits and low quality papaya leaf or papaya tea.

Dose effective in chemo-induced thrombocytopenia is 290 mg dry papaya leaf twice daily. http://www.ijcem.com/files/ijcem0021549.pdf

Thank you sincerely for all your help.

Raymond

ReplyQuote
Westie
13/10/2019 7:07 am  
Posted by: @raymond-wanoptusnet-com-au

a) Started 2 x 200 mg daily TKI: Capmatinib from 10/5/19 to 12/5/19. Started 2 x 400 mg daily Capmatinib from 13/5/19 to current
c) Denosumab 120 mg/1.7 mL – Subcutaneous injection – First injection on 24/07/ 2019 @ every 4 weeks to treat bone metastasis
d) Ammonium Tetrathiomolybdate (TM) of 180 mg daily with 300 mg zinc citrate daily 

I am currently taking very high zinc citrate (300 mg daily) to maintain Zn/Cu ratio > 3.
As we know, ratio greater than 2/3 is shown to have high anti-cancer effect, but this can suppress my immunity.

Also, I have up the TM dose to 240 mg daily from 9/10/19 to hopefully lower the Caeruloplasmin (CPL) to < 0.21 (@1/10/19) - it appears that my rather high dose of TM - around 180 mg daily is unable to lower it further. I am trying to add sodium bicarbonate to lower the stomach acid in the hope in can increase the efficacy of TM, hence lower than below 0.21. The lowest CPL achieved thus far is 0.17 on 29/1/19 using 180 TM & 300 mg Zinc Picolinate.

My 'normal' Lymphocytes count is typically below the low normal ( < 1) - typically 0.7 or 0.8.
With TM potentially suppressing the marrow, the Lymphocytes dive down to around 0.5 / 0.6 and now with Avastin, this has really push it down below 0.5.

So far from the latest scans, no active cancer is detected - the above-mentioned regime appears to be working.

I am starting metronomic chemo in 4 weeks or so
1) Should I change Zinc Citrate to Zinc Gluconate?
If so, since I am currently using 300 mg daily of Zinc Citrate, would 300 mg daily of Zinc Gluconate be a direct replacement?.

2) I understand chemo can impact the marrow (Lymphocytes etc.) - should I perhaps lower the TM dose, Zinc Citrate/Zinc Gluconate during the chemo?.

3) Is there any supplements that can increase Lymphocytes count?.

4) ReaLBuild is a clinically studied formula that helps maintain platelet and white blood cell counts.

Have you had experience with ReaLBuild? Is this safe and effective to take during chemo to assist with maintaining platelet and white blood cell counts?

I heard that there are some concerns that ReaLBuild can adversely impact gut microbiome?.

5) Papaya leaf or papaya tea for platelets.

I understand there are many counterfeits and low quality papaya leaf or papaya tea.

Dose effective in chemo-induced thrombocytopenia is 290 mg dry papaya leaf twice daily. http://www.ijcem.com/files/ijcem0021549.pdf

Raymond

ReplyQuote
Westie
13/10/2019 7:11 am  

1) What else can I do to assist in increasing the efficacy of TM, hence lowering CPL, without increasing TM dose any further (> 240 mg daily)?.

2) Should I change Zinc Citrate to Zinc Gluconate?

3) I understand chemo can impact the marrow (Lymphocytes etc.) - should I perhaps lower the TM dose, Zinc Citrate/Zinc Gluconate during the chemo?.

4) Is there any supplements that can increase Lymphocytes count?.

5) ReaLBuild is a clinically studied formula that helps maintain platelet and white blood cell counts.

6) Papaya leaf or papaya tea for platelets.

Raymond

ReplyQuote
Westie
13/10/2019 7:12 am  

1) What else can I do to assist in increasing the efficacy of TM, hence lowering CPL, without increasing TM dose any further (> 240 mg daily)?.

2) Should I change Zinc Citrate to Zinc Gluconate?

3) I understand chemo can impact the marrow (Lymphocytes etc.) - should I perhaps lower the TM dose, Zinc Citrate/Zinc Gluconate during chemo?.

4) Is there any supplements that can increase Lymphocytes count?.

5) ReaLBuild is a clinically studied formula that helps maintain platelet and white blood cell counts.

6) Papaya leaf or papaya tea for platelets.

Raymond

ReplyQuote
Shanti
(@shanti)
13/10/2019 8:03 am  

@raymond-wanoptusnet-com-au

Hi-

This is a detailed paper on TM use, I don't remember what all is in here, but one thing I did learn from this paper is that it is important to check your water for copper levels when using TM.

http://www.george-eby-research.com/html/anti_ang.html

This is the kit we used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HEAT9DS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Our water copper level was low, but it could be an issue if you haven't checked. There may be other tips in the paper, so it is worth a look.  

Best,

Shanti

ReplyQuote
Westie
13/10/2019 9:26 am  

@shanti

Thank you Shanti !

ReplyQuote
johan
(@johan)

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
14/10/2019 6:03 pm  

Dear Raymond,

I will answer asap, probably in a few days when I am back home.

Kind regards,
Daniel

ReplyQuote
Shanti
(@shanti)
14/10/2019 10:16 pm  

Hi Raymond,
I just took a peek at the lab work you attached and am surprised there isn’t more of a change in your ceruloplasmin.  Do you trust the compounding pharmacy who is providing the TM? I ask because TM is notoriously unstable and reactive to oxygen. It needs to be prepared in a deoxygenated environment using argon or some other technique to shield it from O2 during production.  If your compounding pharmacy is not set up for correct preparation, there could be issues with product efficacy.

In regards to your question on TM and Chemo, this quote from the TM paper I previously linked to may answer the question:

“A number of anecdotal reports have been heard of patients responding well to a combination of copper-reduction therapy with TM and low-dose chemotherapy. When these treatments are combined, extreme care must be taken by weekly monitoring of CBC counts because the combination of chemotherapy and TM can be more likely to produce bone marrow depression. Procrit or epogen may be needed to increase low RBC counts. In order to keep up your WBC, it may be necessary to take Leukine, also referred to as granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF), a man-made form of a protein called a growth factor. Be sure to choose GM-CSF and not neupogen known as granulocyte colony stimulating factor (G-CSF). Neupogen is known as an angiogeneic agent where as leukine is mostly antiangiogenic.”

My interpretation is that it may not be possible to use both and if you were to try, you would need to very closely monitor your CBC, discontinuing TM and restoring copper if needed.  Of note, the Phase II breast cancer trial that demonstrated efficacy of TM was done in women who had stopped chemo at least 6 months prior.

Thank you for posting the very interesting papaya leaf paper!  If you look at the materials section, they had a specific method of preparation for the papaya leaf. I am not sure if any company prepares it that way or if dried and powdered papaya leaf would work as well, but certainly worth trying!  I am not familiar with the companies that sell Papaya Leaf, except for Starwest Botanicals, who I used to have a wholesale account with. They sell it as organic powder or organic cut & sift.  You could trust that their product is not adulterated.

I’ll add my opinion with the form of zinc. Since gluconate may have some anti-cancer action and you can reach therapeutic levels if you switch to zinc gluconate, to me it makes sense to do so.  Although citrate may have some anti-cancer properties, you aren’t getting close to the therapeutic dose of citrate with the zinc citrate.

I don’t have any experience with RealBuild, I remember looking at it for my husband because he has low WBC, but we opted to try less expensive options first such as Reish Mushroom, Astragalus (as mentioned by Johan), a product by Life Extension called NK Cell Activator, Shark Liver Oil and B-glucan. All of these have some level of research behind them for immune support of lymphocytes or total WBC.  We tried mistletoe injections and GcMAF but he felt poorly on those.  Do you have a link to the information you saw on the negative impact of RealBuild on the microbiome? That may help D and others evaluate if that is a concern. 

Best,

Shanti

ReplyQuote
Westie
15/10/2019 1:59 pm  

@johan

Thank you for your feedback.

ReplyQuote
Westie
15/10/2019 2:54 pm  

@shanti

Thank you very much for your feedback Shanti.

The current compounding pharmacy#2 is the one I used to lower my CPL to 0.17  on 29th January 2019. The compounding pharmacy #1 I used previously had increased my CPL based on the same TM dose of 180 mg daily.

My latest blood works as of 15th Oct is shown below, based on TM dose increased from 180 mg to 240 mg daily from 9th October to 14th October.

Dates         15/10/2019
Zinc Picolinate Dose mg/day      
Zinc Citrate mg/day       300
TM Dose mg/day       240
Caeruloplasmin g/L (0.15 - 0.33)   0.21
Zn   umol/L (10-18)    
Cu   umol/L (12-22)    
Zn/Cu          
Haemoglobin g/L (130-180)   145
RCC   x 10^12/L (4.5-6.5)   4.4
WCC   x 10^9/L (4.0-11.0)   2.4
Neutrophils x 10^9/L (2.0-7.5)   1.27
Lymphocytes x 10^9/L (1.0-4.0)   0.45
Neutrophils/Lymphocytes     2.82
Platelets   x 10^9/L (150-450)   167

My RCC of 4.4  & Neutrophils of 1.27 have nose dived, whilst my WCC of 2.4 is the lowest ever since January 2019 - I have today lowered my TM back to 180 mg and will likely to maybe half the dose (90 mg) or maybe stop the TM completely during my chemo, since the chemo will give my bone marrow some adverse effect as well.

Is my understanding correct that high dose Zinc Citrate of 300 mg daily can suppress the WCC/Lymphocytes as well?. So, essentially TM, Zinc Citrate & Avastin are all contributing in suppressing my WCC/Lymphocytes?.

I will gradually transition from Zinc Citrate to Zinc Gluconate - should I maintain 300 mg daily during chemo?.

I also introduced 100 mg aspirin daily from 9th October to 14th October  in addition to my 600 mg daily of Dipyridamole. Looks like my Platelets of 167 is the lowest since January 2019 - is my understanding correct that aspirin can lower Platelets?. Should I stop aspirin during chemo?.

I am taking Thorne Research, Methyl-Guard, 1 capsule daily to lower my Homocysteine - per the ingredients below, should I stop taking Thorne Research, Methyl-Guard because of the Folate (1.2 mg as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate† from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt) ?. As we know, Folate promote tumour growth?.

https://au.iherb.com/pr/Thorne-Research-Methyl-Guard-180-Veggie-Caps/18717?gclid=Cj0KCQjw3JXtBRC8ARIsAEBHg4l5Fuckn41Z5LT99pYldz9zPreIZG_2INZlBl1iZ7ouu-lxlguFQpIaAjfqEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Serving Size: Three Capsules

Servings Per Container: 60

Three Capsules Contain: %DV
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate) 20.4 mg 1,200%
Folate (1.2 mg as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate† from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt) 2 mg DFE 500%
Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 1.2 mg 50,000%
Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethylglycine) 1.8 g *

*Daily Value (DV) not established.
†This product uses Gnoisis S.p.A's L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine salt (Quatrefolic)

I will try to buy the Starwest Botanicals papaya leaf.

Unfortunately I do not have any further information on ReaLBuild impacting the microbiome. 

As always, thank you sincerely for all your help.

Raymond

ReplyQuote
Shanti
(@shanti)
16/10/2019 2:09 am  

Hi Raymond,

It sounds like the compounding pharmacy you are using now is one you have used in the past successfully for lowering of the CP. Despite that CP is still at .21g/L, it seems you are starting to get the hallmark effects of copper depletion, namely leukopenia and especially neutropenia.  I don't think your current levels would typically be of concern except that you are going into chemo, which is expected to lower them further. Personally, I would discontinue the TM until after chemo since maintaining WBC numbers are so problematic when on chemo.  High doses of zinc over time can also depress immune function, I believe this is likely due to copper depletion instead of the high zinc itself, but I can't prove that. Maybe a consideration would be to take 50mg of zinc twice a day to maintain copper in the low range and then, once chemo is over, you can start the high dose zinc and TM again. TM works best on low volume disease, so hopefully, the chemo will knock the disease burden back and then the TM will help to maintain a low volume. 

You mentioned that you used TM back in January, did you see a positive effect from it?

Aspirin and Dypiridamol don't lower platelet count, but they are both blood thinners. If your platelet count drops due to the chemo and puts you at risk for bleeding, you will want to discontinue them until after chemo. 

I am always leary of methylators and folate/B12. I personally don't think they are huge tumor promotors, but when you are trying to tip the scales in your favor, they are one more thing that may tip it against you. In addition, some chemos may interact with folate.  Taking products with methyl donors folate/B12, in my mind, is an individual decision in which the risks of a B12/folate deficiency or high homocysteine have to be weighed against the potential tumor-promoting action of the nutrients. 

When are you scheduled to start chemo and how long will you be taking it? Which chemo meds are they using?

Warmly,  Shanti 

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
16/10/2019 9:52 pm  

Dear Raymond,

Shanti already contributed a lot, addressing many of your questions.

My main addition would be related to the fact that as I understand there is no cancer detected at this point and your current treatment includes angiogenesis inhibitors. To maintain the current situation and support angiogenesis treatment, I would consider to include the following:

1. Alkalising treatments such as Natrium Bicarbonate or even better Basentabs to maintain immune activity
2. Anti inflammatory drugs and supplements such as Celecoxib, Aspirin, Omega 3, Olive leaf extract. Celecoxib will also improve angiogenesis inhibition strategy.

To inhibit resistance to angio genesis inhibitions:
3. Monocarboxilate transport inhibitors such as Quercetin in higher dose or others discussed here https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/ph-cancer-a-top-treatment-strategy/ this is very important so I would make sure I would use at least two inhibitors
4. Citrate import inhibition using Gluconate https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/an-anti-cancer-compound-hiding-in-front-of-us-gluconate/
5. Inhibit cystein import using Sulfasalazine https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/cancer-addiction-to-cystinecysteine-another-piece-in-the-puzzel/
6. Inhibit Glycogen conversion in Glucose using e.g. Valproic Acid 
7. Inhibit Glycogen conversion in Glucose and Authophagy using Hydroxychloroquine https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/chloroquine-hydroxychloroquine/
8. HIF inhibition could also make sense here using Albendazole and GLUT inhibition will further help using Canagliflozin https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/glucose-absorption-inhibitors-to-inhibit-tumor-growth/
9. Auranofin may help to address a good part of the antioxidant production which has been suggested to be the reason why angiogenesis inhibitors work best in combo with chemo or other reactive oxygen species generators https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3603456/

The strategy above is build with angiogenesis inhibitors in mind, where tumour will switch to alternative fuels including those supplied by fibroblasts, require to produce ATP, anti oxidants, etc. Tumours will also rely even more on glycolisis. I can imagine these are a lot of drugs and supplements in the context in which you already take multiple conventional therapies. This is why I highlighted which are those that in my view have priority. Because you take several conventional drugs, please always check the interaction of new drugs you want to add with those you are currently using. For example, make sure that using alkalizing treatments such as bicarbonate do not have impact on the absorption of the conventional drugs (i.e. check if they are acid or base as discussed here https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/ph-cancer-a-top-treatment-strategy/)

Kind regards,
Daniel

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: