Notifications
Clear all

Creatin and Glioblastoma

11 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
(@antun84)
Topic starter  

Thank you so much Daniel for you and your team, and for the supplements that are keeping me alive!

In 2021 i got glioblastoma stage 4 astrocytoma, IDH1, MGMT 42%, primary tumor 7x7 cm and two of 4x4 cm, had surgery, chemo and radiotherapy.

I'm currently cancer free, but the head trauma is not an easy task. Two weeks ago I started eating creatine monohydrate and now i'm feeling amazing! I haven't feelt so good in years.

However, i read a papper that calls into question creatin as supplement because glioblastom can feed of off creatin ( https://academic.oup.com/neuro-oncology/article/23/Supplement_6/vi203/6427194 ). Does anyone have a clue regarding this? My so called "team" of oncologist in Lund, Sweden, don't now. 

Regards
Anton Otahal

Email: [email protected]

(@daniel)
Admin

Dear Anton,

Thank you so much for the feedback related to MCS Formulas.

The article you shared is indeed very interesting. According to this article you may want to stay away from Creatine:

"Indeed, exogenous creatine supplementation promoted both the migration and survival of multiple glioblastoma cell lines in-vitro."

while you may want to consider β-Guanidinopropionic acid as an inhibitor of creatine metabolism:

"we found that β -GPA blocks both the migration and survival of glioma cells under hypoxic stress. Lastly, β -GPA also inhibited creatine secretion by TAMCs, showing that creatine blockade can also influence TAMC metabolic phenotype."

I see β-Guanidinopropionic acid can be found as a supplement.

Kind regards,
Daniel

This post was modified 2 months ago by Daniel

johan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@j)

Posted by: @antun84

Thank you so much Daniel for you and your team, and for the supplements that are keeping me alive!

In 2021 i got glioblastoma stage 4 astrocytoma, IDH1, MGMT 42%, primary tumor 7x7 cm and two of 4x4 cm, had surgery, chemo and radiotherapy.

I'm currently cancer free, but the head trauma is not an easy task. Two weeks ago I started eating creatine monohydrate and now i'm feeling amazing! I haven't feelt so good in years.

However, i read a papper that calls into question creatin as supplement because glioblastom can feed of off creatin ( https://academic.oup.com/neuro-oncology/article/23/Supplement_6/vi203/6427194 ). Does anyone have a clue regarding this? My so called "team" of oncologist in Lund, Sweden, don't now. 

Regards
Anton Otahal

Email: [email protected]

Thanks for sharing this @antun84. You've made an incredible recovery, would you mind sharing which supplements and medications you´ve used so far?

Regards,

Johan

ReplyQuote
(@antun84)
Topic starter  

Hey,

This took me some time to write 😉

Our battle plan to kill glioblastoma:

Diet:  Antiinflammatory diet to diminish edema. No sugar, starch, grains, dairy and meat. Only fish and vegetables. Calorie restriction on 1500 calories (185 cm). Only one meal/day to start autofagy. After 6 months increased to 2000 calories. Currently eating three meals a day, prox 2300-2500 calories. My meals contained of vegetable soup made at home and raw vegetables with fatty fish and olive oil. Raw onions, garlic, broccoli, cabbage, lettuce, celery, carrots, beets and ginger (alot of raw ginger). Spices: cinnamon, lemon balm, thyme, hot peppers, mentha, basil and cardamom. Tea of lavader, rosemary, clover, chamomile, sweet wormwood. Essential oils. For dessert, pomegranate, apple, berries and figs. Additionally, chokeberry juice. After 1 year, i reduced my intake of fish due to pollutants in our seas. After 1,5 years i started to eat grass-fed meat.

Supplements:
The regimen is extensive and includes various compounds with potential anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting effects. Some notable supplements include raw garlic (6 grams), quercetin, curcumin liposomal, B3 vitamin with inositol and B12, omega-3 fatty acids, ashwagandha, resveratrol, boswellia, black pepper, vitamin D, pomegranate seed oil, black seed oil, CBD+CBG oil, (EGCG*, selenium*, propolis*, which was replaced with glutamine-inhibifour). In periods consumed honokiol, apigenin, betulin, berberine. Additionally using Sodium butyrate and probiotics to improve gut health. After 1.5 – 2 years started slowly to use other supplements like various mushrooms (chaga, shiitake, reishi, cordyceps, lion's mane).

Training / mind-body practices: Current weight 78 kg. Walking every day approximately 5-10 km. Training 3-4 times per week for 1 hour: stretching, yoga, and light weights. Don’t over train the brain, you can get nasty brain fatigue that can stay for weeks. The first 2 months, I got brain bleeding due to excessive training and hot baths. So take it easy! Also massage therapy, acupuncture and sauna.

Mind management: Importance of managing stress and maintaining a positive mindset through practices like meditation, prayer, and listening to calming music. Gratitude for and friends, and a determination to win are essential attitudes in this journey.

Inspiration from others: I have to give credit to James McCraw and Matts East, glioblastoma long survivors, who gave me some of the ideas on how to beat the cancer. James wrote the book with advice titled "Beating Cancer," and Matts gave me his list. Both of them are on a Facebook page Glioblastoma - GBM SURVIVORS TO THRIVERS!

Lastly, if it hadn't been for my mothers' unwavering dedication to researching and comprehending the literature on cancer, coupled with her positive outlook, I wouldn't be here typing this piece.

johan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@j)

@antun84 thanks for sharing!!

ReplyQuote
(@antun84)
Topic starter  

Np! 😉

ReplyQuote
dewajudiqq
(@dewajudiqq)

Training / mind-body practices: Current weight 78 kg. Walking every day approximately 5-10 km. Training 3-4 times per week for 1 hour: stretching, yoga, plus light weights. Don’t over train the brain, you can get nasty brain fatigue that can stay for weeks. The first 2 months, I got brain bleeding due to excessive training plus hot baths. So take it easy! Also massage therapy, acupuncture plus sauna.

ReplyQuote
dewajudiqq
(@dewajudiqq)

Mind management: Importance of managing stress plus maintaining a positive mindset through practices like meditation, prayer, plus listening to calming music. Gratitude for plus friends, plus a determination to win are essential attitudes in this journey.

ReplyQuote
dewajudiqq
(@dewajudiqq)

Inspiration from others: I have to give credit to James McCraw plus Matts East, glioblastoma long survivors, who gave me some of the ideas on how to beat the cancer. James wrote the book with advice titled "Beating Cancer," plus Matts gave me his list. Both of them are on a Facebook page Glioblastoma - GBM SURVIVORS TO THRIVERS!

ReplyQuote
dewajudiqq
(@dewajudiqq)

Lastly, if it hadn't been for my mothers' unwavering dedication to researching plus comprehending the literature on cancer, coupled with her positive outlook, I wouldn't be here typing this piece.

ReplyQuote
(@j)

@dewajudiqq you've typed it twice now, well done Mom! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: