"Warburg trap" as a treatment strategy  

RSS

Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
02/02/2019 2:23 am  

Interestingly, it has been suggested that mito inhibitors such as Metformin combined with proton ionophores such as Salinomycin, would induce a "Warburg trap" in tumor cells where they initially switch to glycolisis due to the mito inhibitors . However, glycolisis would than lead to increased acidity around the tumors.  Salinomycin on the other hand, due to its proton inophore action, will get the protons back into the tumors, which is not what cancer cells like. So they will try to push protons again out of the cells consuming all the energy. If the cell tries to produce more energy will only be able to do that via glycolisis which again leads to the production of protons. This is what is called "Warburg trap" and this is the point when cancer cells have to slow down and eventually die due to a high intracellular acidity and low ATP. Please read this paper for more details (Ref.).

In the same paper, the authors state the following: "We therefore suggest that post-surgery treatment with MCI inhibitors alone or as the Warburg trap drug combinations could be considered as a supportive therapy component, especially in cases of patients with tumors scored high for Wnt signaling, to prevent their tumor recurrence risk."

I think this is a nice idea for a treatment strategy where I would combine two mito inhibitors (Metformin and Doxycicline) and Salinomycin as a proton inophor.

johan liked
johan
(@johan)
02/02/2019 5:49 am  

ReplyQuote
johan
(@johan)
02/02/2019 5:54 am  

Hey Daniel I'm trying to embed a video, how can I do it?

Here's the link,  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=330&v=mAGhNhrHMJs

It get's really interesting around the 5:40 mark

Regards

ReplyQuote
johan
(@johan)
02/02/2019 6:45 am  

When he says "the future of cancer research lies behind us" you really have to pause at what he says. My gut feeling says he right, and we're wasting so many lives and money into researching the mechanics of this disease.

Have you noticed how often even the most aggresive cancer just appear to vanish in a matter of weeks or months? I've experienced the same with my father in law, glioblastoma multiforme, the cancer with the worst possible prognosis,  reococcuring after surgery, radiation, temodar, and then it just goes away probably b/ c of a fortunate mix of  "chemistry"?? The only scar he has left ( a big bold spot on his head) is b/c of the radiation for god's sake, which was totally useless as the cancer progressed during that treament. Has any glioblastoma patient ever been cured b/c of radiation? NO. Yet they keep giving it??

Stay on your path dear Daniel. You´re looking in the right direction, increasingly open to natural compounds, as are other forum members. I'm not claining the answer is some mix of natural compounds, but we do need the humility to acknowledge that natural compounds act in ways we cannot yet understand and, by looking at the anectotal and empirical evidence, these compounds need to be at the forefront of battling cancer, and not pushed in the obscure corner of "alternative medicine". Cancer patients, today, right now!, don't have the luxury of time for the phd's to come up with elegant solutions to this "puzzle".

My oldest son, he's 21 now, when he was 9 years old had recurrent throath infections, all viral, we did the lab tests each time, yet each time he was given anitbiotics. Of course he HAD to get his tonsils removed, that was the only cure,supposedly. By the time he got his 10th tonsilitis in just 10 months I had started giving him Tonsiotren, it's homeopathic medicine. Since then he's got just 1 tonsilitis, in 12 years. And  has a healthy pair of tonsils to boot.

Peace!

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
03/02/2019 1:36 am  

Hi Johan,

Thanks a lot for the link to the video. I did not know the doctor - he is a very good one and I also agree with his perspective and your statements.

I have seen it before, in Physics during my PhD. The whole world was stating that controlling magnets by very short pulses of light is impossible. Physics books were write on why that is impossible based on the science as we know it, by some of the best professors. All kind of theories. Best companies of the world performed experiments and showed that is impossible ... and we, at an University in the Netherlands showed that it was so simple to demonstrate that actually it's very easy and possible what it was previously considered impossible. Even a student could do it with basic "tools". The major problem why no one could do the discovery before was related with the fact that everyone was just looking for the phenomena with too complex tools. The best scientists of the world using the most advanced tools.

I am sure this is the case with cancer too. We just need to zoom in and zoom out constantly while keeping our mind open. 

Johan, regarding the natural vs synthetic approaches, I am not biased towards one or the other. I am just looking for effective tools regardless of their origin. But i must admit that I am looking mostly at the treatments that are supported by scientific evidence. That was my approach to be able to select value and live out the noise, while accepting that some value will also be filtered out with the noise. That was extremely important and helpful when I was "running" to find effective solutions for my wife. But it is interesting that as we look more and more for facts, we find that many traditional treatments that resisted 1000s of years and are still used today, have also started to have clear scientific evidence behind. I very much like this and I see a rule emerging: "if it resisted 1000s of years, there is something serious behind". Maybe we should write an article on this and start up a list of such substances used for 1000s of years ... 

Kind regards,

Daniel

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
03/02/2019 2:00 am  

Hi again Johan, I wanted to also let you know that I will react asap this month on your last e-mail and kind suggestions for the Foundation. Lately I had some health related challenges as I was pushing myself a little to much during the past months and years. I hope those will go away soon so that I can fully focus on the Foundation too. Kind regards, Daniel

ReplyQuote
Jcancom
(@jcancom)
03/02/2019 5:42 am  

D, I hope that you are feeling better.

I realize that it is often not easy, though it is important to take "me" time. I think some companies force their employees to take vacations in warm tropical locations with nice beaches. Sounds great! Where do I sign up?  Remember to bring a beach towel!

ReplyQuote
Manuone
(@manuone)
03/02/2019 6:43 pm  

I find everything very interesting Johan ... thanks for posting!
I have recently added doxycycline to the protocol,
Metformin + canagliflozin + doxycycline + salinomycin are synergistic with each other. I only interrupt canagliflozin in 2-dg cycles.
Daniel, this is very interesting!
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41421-018-0033-2 <<<<< thanks for sharing. I also think that salinomycin can reproduce this effect

Daniel I hope you better! we need the best Daniel!

greetings to all!

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
03/02/2019 10:10 pm  

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, J! I think I will do that next month 🙂 How about you? Are u planning a holiday soon?

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
03/02/2019 10:14 pm  

Hi Manuel, nice to hear from you and thank you! Indeed the combo is very interesting. Btw, you are also using Acetozolamide, which is working along the same line, i.e. acidifying the intracellular space of cancer cells.

ReplyQuote
johan
(@johan)
09/02/2019 10:49 pm  

Hi Daniel, I've just got back from some time off at the beach (I'm in the southern hemisphere so it's summer time :). Take care of your health!

Regards

Johan

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
11/02/2019 12:55 am  

HI Johan,

Thank you. I now realize I should be more careful with my health in order to be sustainable with what I am doing. In a month, I will probably be not that far from you as I will travel on that nice side of the world 🙂

Kind regards,
Daniel

This post was modified 4 months ago by Daniel

johan liked
ReplyQuote
Share: