Notifications
Clear all

Use of DMSO, Acetic acid, Alcohol, to improve solubility of supplements?

Andy
 Andy
(@andy-2)
Topic starter  

I have stage IV colon cancer that’s metastasised to the liver. Been taking supplements with some success and achieving stability.

It’s seems increasing the absorbability/solubility is key to getting effective doses. I tend to take supplements with a fatty meal  so that bile salts help improve absorbability and to hold contents in the stomach. I find supplements taken on an empty stomach blast through me within a few hours.

Curcumin, Fenbendazole and others Supplements have high solubility in DMSO. However, I’m concerned that mixing fenbendazole with DMSO and then taking orally will cause other unwanted molecules/bacteria to be absorbed from the stomach and intestines, and also allow fenbendazole to cross over the brain blood barrier. My understanding is fenbendazole stops microtuble development BUT the brain also needs microtuble development for healthy brain function. Ordinarily fenbendazole cannot pass the blood brain barrier and this helps with fenbendazole very low toxicity.

It seems alcohol and acetic acid may also increase solubility.

Does anyone have any experience or research in using DMSO with supplements orally?

I tried a mixture of ethanol, acetic acid, filtered water and salt, with fenbendazole granules and it seems to reduce the amount of fenbendazole that settles out of solution, compared to just using water, so I think it helped solubility.

I also read benzyl alcohol is used in liquid preparations of horse fenbendazole oral liquid, to improve solubility.

Question is what is toxicity of benzyl alcohol in humans? I’m just starting research on benzyl alcohol so any help if anyone has looked into this would be appreciated.

Thanks for a great site Daniel been lurking for a while.

Daniel
(@daniel)
Admin

Posted by: @andy-2

I have stage IV colon cancer that’s metastasised to the liver. Been taking supplements with some success and achieving stability.

It’s seems increasing the absorbability/solubility is key to getting effective doses. I tend to take supplements with a fatty meal  so that bile salts help improve absorbability and to hold contents in the stomach. I find supplements taken on an empty stomach blast through me within a few hours.

Curcumin, Fenbendazole and others Supplements have high solubility in DMSO. However, I’m concerned that mixing fenbendazole with DMSO and then taking orally will cause other unwanted molecules/bacteria to be absorbed from the stomach and intestines, and also allow fenbendazole to cross over the brain blood barrier. My understanding is fenbendazole stops microtuble development BUT the brain also needs microtuble development for healthy brain function. Ordinarily fenbendazole cannot pass the blood brain barrier and this helps with fenbendazole very low toxicity.

It seems alcohol and acetic acid may also increase solubility.

Does anyone have any experience or research in using DMSO with supplements orally?

I tried a mixture of ethanol, acetic acid, filtered water and salt, with fenbendazole granules and it seems to reduce the amount of fenbendazole that settles out of solution, compared to just using water, so I think it helped solubility.

I also read benzyl alcohol is used in liquid preparations of horse fenbendazole oral liquid, to improve solubility.

Question is what is toxicity of benzyl alcohol in humans? I’m just starting research on benzyl alcohol so any help if anyone has looked into this would be appreciated.

Thanks for a great site Daniel been lurking for a while.

Thank you for your question @andy-2

I did a lot of experiments with drugs and supplements many years ago, trying to make them water-soluble. It was more challenging as the goal was to make them fit for intravenous delivery. 

Making them soluble for oral delivery is of course easier. The problem with many extracts is that they are nicely soluble in DMSO and sometimes ethanol, but once mixed with water they will precipitate. That is an issue for intravenous delivery, but it is not a big issue for oral administration.

Regarding your questions:

- DMSO for oral admin, I would only be careful at not using too high concentration.
- Microtubule inhibitors, indeed they can have impact on many healthy cells. The highest impact is on fast dividing cells.
- Instead of benzyl alcohol, I would just use ethanol.

The other way to increase absorption is by using fats. I am not able to go into the details of the formulation, but at MCS Formulas we use phospholipids and chitosan.

Next to absorption, the other aspect related to getting a higher level of supplements and drugs into the blood stream it is often related to liver metallization. This is why, drugs such as Cimetidine, and extracts such as Piperine can help the absorption of some drugs and supplements.

I hope this helps a bit to address your questions.

Kind regards,
Daniel

ReplyQuote
Jlevy615
(@jlevy615)

Hi Andy, In Dec 2020 my brother also diagnosed with Stage 4 colon with mets to liver and lymph nodes.   He had his colon tumor and affected lymphs surgically removed.   Now on Chemo and Advastin.  He is also doing IV VITAMIN C (Meyers Cocktail), IV Poly-MVA AND IV Ozone as well as a number of oral supplements like vitamin D with K, shiqga mushroom extract.  Also drinks high alkaline water and minimizes sugar intake.  He is doing great. No hair loss, no weight loss, no fatigue.  He is scheduled for new scan in Sept.  He has not tried Fenbendazole yet, although I have it ready to go if next scan is not good.  I bought some Fenben and it came with DMSO. Can you keep me posted on your progress. Are you using Fenbendazole? How long and has it helped?  Last I read, best to take Fenben with a meal.  Study on dogs showed best absorbed with a meal regardless of fat content.  Best of luck to you.  June

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
Admin

Dear @jlevy615 

In order to increase the chance that Andy responds to your question, you need to post your question as a Reply. By doing that automatically his ID will be added to the message. Alternatively, you need to add manually Andy's ID which is @andy-2

Kind regards,
Daniel

ReplyQuote
Andy
 Andy
(@andy-2)
Topic starter  

@jlevy615 

Hi June,

Ive been taking Fenbendazole for 15 weeks. I take approx. 750mg twice a day (total 1.5gms), along with Vit E (multi types as per Joe Tippen), C3 Caps Curcumin in Coconut oil, MCT oil, and biopeperine extract (in addition to biopeperin in the curcumin caps), vit K2. I also take all the B vitamins as individual tablets/caps ( the combined mega B caps have too low dose IMO ). I take during a fatty meal ( keto diet ).

I experience no outwards physical affect in taking the Fenbendazole so no idea if it’s having an effect. I have MRI scan and of August to access progress, so I’ll let you know.

I have just starting taking Black Seed Oil (organic cold press) 2 tablespoons per day. This definitely has effects on the body. Sinus has cleared up; indigestion is gone; stomach pains have gone, bowel movements are now normal rather than very loose. This is a big improvement because I feel the other supplements I take are now staying within my 8btestines much longer rather than taking blasting through me in 3 to 6 hours. Also improved my sleep, seems to increase positive feeling, optimism and I feel sharper, mind wise. I may try and find some Black Seed Oil extracted using CO2 which according to research papers substantially increases Thymoquinone% to  but does appear to reduce fatty/lipid components. So thinking both Cold Press and CO2 would be good to add into protocol. I started taking after reading a testimonial on this site of success with colon cancer and doing additional research.

I hope your brother continues to have great progress. Cheers Andy

ReplyQuote
SylwiaK
(@sylwiak)

@daniel 

Can you help us. My mother has a malignant tumor of the colon with liver metastases. There is no chemotherapy. We follow a diet, drink green juices, take high doses of vitamin C with glutathione, vitamin b17, ozone, chelation, all administered intravenously. Plus high doses of vitamin D3. We would like to change the treatment because we have been using these for 4 months and the tumors on the liver are growing all the time. What could we introduce and in what doses? I do not know what to choose mebendazole or febendazole or maybe you suggest something else? I will be very grateful for your help. Mom is already very tired and suffering a lot.

Best regards,
Sylwia

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
Admin

Dear @sylwiak

In this case I would go for Mebendazole 200 or even better 500mg/day.

Here are discussed multiple options: https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/community/colon-cancer-colorectal-cancer/

The first case report presented here is relevant https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/10-cases-of-complete-remission-from-stage-4-cancers-after-using-supplements-or-repurposed-drugs/

I would consider:

- Metformin
- Mbendazole
- Artemisinin and Artesunate
- High dose Curcumin + High dose Omega 3
- High dose Quercetin
- Good probiotics (ProEm San from Tisso in Germany)
- Ivermectine
- Cimetidine
- Niclosamide

Drug repurposing in oncology: Compounds, pathways, phenotypes and computational approaches for colorectal cancer https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6528778/

Drug repurposing to overcome resistance to various therapies for colorectal cancer http://sci-hub.tw/https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00018-019-03134-0

Since you are located in Europe, I woudl also consider Trans Arterial Chemo Embolisation at the liver, at Frankfurt University, Prof Thomas Vogel.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Daniel

ReplyQuote
SylwiaK
(@sylwiak)

@daniel thank you very much. Can you write down what doses should mom take and where we can get it ? We are from Poland.

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
Admin

Dear @sylwiak 

Please use the search function in this Blog and also in the Forum section. The doses used for most of the drugs and supplements have been already discussed. Once you have done your own research and came to a conclusion on what to use and how much, please share here, and I will give you my view on if it makes sense to me and the doses.

Please note that in my view, the best is to consider all treatment options, both conventional and alternative.

Have a nice Sunday,

Daniel

ReplyQuote
SylwiaK
(@sylwiak)

@daniel Okay, thank you so much. Can you please tell me my mom must take mebendazole everyday ? We start tomorrow 200mg 

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
Admin

Hi @sylwiak,

I would take it every day and if everything is good I may increase it to 400 to 500 mg/day after several weeks. I would take it with fatty food.

Kind regards,
Daniel

ReplyQuote
SylwiaK
(@sylwiak)

@daniel We take one week 200 mg and mom feel good, so we can now 400 mg, but our pills have 100mg one. Please tell me we must take four pills in this same time or maybe two in the morning and two in the aftenoon ? 

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
Admin

@sylwiak Both options have own advantage, so I would choose the option that is most suitable for the patient.

Kind regards,
Daniel

ReplyQuote
Share: