Metabolic Strategies  

RSS

tanya76
(@tanya76)
09/05/2017 7:24 am  

Daniel and Friends,

I found one interesting article https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28031535 .  It is regarding ovarian cancer but it could be pertinent to other cancers too. 

There are two types of cancer cells. Glucose addictive (GA) cells respond better to glucose starvation. Glucose non addictive (GNA) cells respond more to autophagy inhibition.

I wonder if DCA, metabloc, 3 BP, ketogenic diet are the good treatments for cancer with GA cells. I have GNA type of cancer and wonder if the above strategies would be just a waste of time for me.

Thank you for your opinions.

Tanya 

Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
09/05/2017 11:31 pm  

Hi Tanya, thank you for the very useful link! It shows another way to cluster the cancer cells through a different perspective, other than stem cells and non stem cells. The cells they call GNA are not addicted to glucose indeed. If I would have reasons to belive that the cancer is of such type mainly, I still use glyco inhibitors but I would make sure to combine those with mitho inhibitors and authopagy inhibitors. Mitho inhibitors we discussed already are Metformin, Doxycicline, Meclizine https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/phosphoethanolamine-meclizine-inhibiting-an-enzyme-required-to-form-the-building-blocks-of-membranes/, Pyrvinium Pamoate https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/pyrvinium-pamoate/  and possibly Salinomycin https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/salinomycin/.  Authophagy inhibitors we discussed are Pyrvinium and Chloroquine  https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/category/authophagy-inhibitors/ but there are more available. If the cells are indeed of GNA type, the pH strategy should not be very relevant as the acidity may not be that high around only, but that means that Chloroquine may work better which otherwise interacts with acidity before accessing the tumor cell. 

Also it means that 3BP has higher chance to work as those cells are probably also using lactate (from fibroblasts) as a fuel as well as they should be of oxidative type. 3BP interacts with more than glyco once inside the cancer cell. 

It also means that the use of DCA for such cells may be debatable. It also means that HCA and probably Statins will be more relevant.

ReplyQuote
tanya76
(@tanya76)
10/05/2017 9:25 pm  

Daniel,

Thank you very much for your thoughts. 

I have been doing ALA+HCA+metformin+dipyridamole+mistletoe for a month. Results this week. 

I don't have good feeling but oh, well. I will see if I have more time to do something else before I am pushed to chemo. 

Tanya 

ReplyQuote
E
 E
(@ergin)
10/05/2017 9:46 pm  

Hi Tanya,

I wonder your experiences with mistletoe.Can you reach a fever more than 38 degrees centigrate?

And is there any pain on tumors after 37,5 degrees?

And did you see any responce after HCA?Good or bad!

Are you suffering from bad bowel movements?

Did you check  your cholesterol and testosterone?

If i true remember you can not follow from ca 125.

There are other markers for ovarian ca to follow illness.

Too much questions but it may help you.

Kind Regards

Ergin

ReplyQuote
tanya76
(@tanya76)
10/05/2017 10:05 pm  

Hi Ergin,

I started mistletoe shortly after finishing frontline chemo. I did no get any reaction for almost 6 weeks. I felt like I was injecting the dead body and I was doing high strength. When one day I developed a severe skin reaction to dilution G of iscucin. I had to decrease to 1/4 of ampule of F dilution. I am getting skin redness every time. No temperature elevation, unfortunately.

My blood counts normalized after I got a skin reaction. I feel my sleep is much better because of mistletoe. My CA 125 went 15% from baseline one month ago. I will know new results soon. 

No abdominal symptoms for me because the disease is in my lymph system.

I know my type of cancer kills fast and the younger women have worse prognosis...

Let's hope you mom will have good results and we will get some hope... 

ReplyQuote
E
 E
(@ergin)
10/05/2017 10:52 pm  

Hi Tanya,

I also wish that works for all of us.Your illness is very different but i am sure it has some same weakness

like the other types.We have to work on it but we need more data.

ReplyQuote
tanya76
(@tanya76)
12/05/2017 10:27 pm  

Hi everybody,

I got the results. My CA 125 went up 15% while I was doing above mentioned treatments. It is 30% up from the baseline. I finished my 1st chemo 3 months ago. I am thinking to add plaquenil 200 mg twice a day and aspirin 81mg  to it and recheck my marker in 2 weeks. 

I am not convinced to take a lot of medications at the same time hoping to hit cancer from different angles. If this strategy does not work I will stop everything except metformin, aspirin, and mistletoe. 

Thank you. 

Tanya 

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
13/05/2017 9:51 pm  

Thank you for the update Tanya. I am sorry to hear the markers are still evolving. I think is good to also listens to what you feel is the best way forward, and not only to logical arguments. 

Kind regards,
Daniel

ReplyQuote
Share: