Enhanced metabloc combination - will it work?  

RSS

Victor
(@victor)
09/03/2018 7:19 pm  

I have hormon-sensitive prostate cancer spread to lymph nodes. After primary treatment followed by radiation I had to watch the PSA value only. Currently no ADT. So I thought I could give it a try and fight the cancer with some alternative medication.

After reading this study: The addition of Chloroquine and Metformine to Metabloc by Laurent Schwarz I decided to use the reported combination as a base and enhance it with further medications that may provide additional benefit.

So this is the combination I use for a few weeks now:

500 mg Metformin twice daily (AMPK activator resulting in mTORC1 inhibition)
20 mg Simvastatin once daily (AKT inhibitor resulting in mTORC1 inhibition) Study
250mg Chloroquine/Resochin once a week (Autophagy inhibitor) Study  ,  Dosing
200 mg R-alpha-lipoic acid twice daily (PDK inhibitor)
1000mg Garcinia Cambogia with 60% HCA (Hydroxycitrate) twice daily = 1200mg HCA per day (ATP ACL inhibitior)
500 mg Quercetin once daily
250 mg Indol-3-Carbinol twice daily

My question is: is this combination supposed to work slowing the progression of my prostate cancer or what could be wrong with my combination? Any comments?

Victor

Victor
(@victor)
14/03/2018 8:21 am  

The combination is a subset of the drugs and supplements covered on this blog entry on this forum:

https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/prostate-cancer/

Are there important components that I should add? Did I add components I should better drop?

Victor

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
14/03/2018 10:03 am  

HI Victor. I will check this evening when I am back home and will let you know what I think. Kind regards, Daniel

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
16/03/2018 8:55 pm  

Dear Victor,

First this s not a medical advice - just my opinion. Here is a feedback on your question:

1. Depending on the weight Metformin dose could be incerased to 1.5g/day
2. Statin: I would use Atorvastatin and possibly higher dose
3. I would use higher dose of Alpha Lipoic Acid according to this  https://www.hindawi.com/journals/cpis/2013/827686/
4. HCA dose could also be incerased according to the same reference mentioned above
5. Quercetin dose you are using is very low
6. Aspirin and Lycopene could further help
7. To increase the chance of statin effectiveness there is another drug mentioned in this post   https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/reduce-cholesterol-in-cancer-cells-to-fight-cancer/
8 Anti cholesterol strategy from the link above may be very relevant for hormonal cancers
9. Zinc addition to Chloroquine may help
10. Chloroquine dose you are using is extremely low in my view  https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/chloroquine-hydroxychloroquine/
11. Basentabs supplement at 8 capsules/day has been anecdotally reported to help against (aggressive) prostate cancer 
12. DCA could also be an idea  https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/dichloroacetate-dca-treatment-strategy/ I heard of some prostate cancer patients responding to it - I also heard of prostate cancer patient responding to 3BP  https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/3-bromopyruvate/

Overall, the doses you are using are very low in my view. Furthermore there are a few other supplements or drugs that may help, which I mentioned above.

I would also suggest to use the search function on this website and search for "prostate cancer" to identify other substances that may help.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Daniel

ReplyQuote
Victor
(@victor)
17/03/2018 12:53 pm  

Thank you Daniel, I agree with you. Some remarks:

I plan to take 1.500 mg of Metformin, but I am starting step-by-step with 500 mg for 2-3 weeks, then 1000 mg for 2-3 weeks and then 1.500 mg (as recommended by Dr. Myers)

When I have used up my Simvastatin I will switch to Atorvastatin. According to this report:
„...with atorvastatin being associated with the largest reduction in CaP mortality“

Regarding ALA and HCA, the study you cited mentions: "The minimum oral dose administered for ALA was 0.4 g/day, and the maximum dose was 1.8 g/day. The minimum dose for HCA was 1.2 g/day and the maximum dose was 3 g/day."
So with my 400 mg ALA and 1200 mg HCA I am at the lower end of this bracket.

I am in touch with Klaus Abend and he used this dose for ALA(900mg/day) and HCA (1200 mg/day) successfully.
He tells me that only the R-ALA component is active, so 900 mg normal ALA translate to 450 mg active R-ALA. Do you also think only R-ALA is active?

The chloroquine dose is sufficient to protect against Malaria, so it should be effective at that dose to some extend. In this study they tried whether 250mg or 500mg per week would work against cancer.
The lead investigator of this trial wrote to me that the 250mg even worked slightly better than the 500 mg dose, so there was no difference. Both showed antitumor activity in breast cancer. However, I made a typo, I do take 500 mg a week.

Both ALA as well as DCA inhibit PDK (Pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase) so I decided to take just one of these two.

I looked at trials for Quercetin plus cancer at clinicaltrials.gov. Few can be found there but it seems they used 500 mg per day as the dose. E.g. this one. Also on my Quercetin package it says: do not take more than 500 mg per day. So the oral doses you recommend seem to be a bit high for me.

Victor

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
18/03/2018 2:13 pm  

Hi Victor, thanks for the response. I understand. My opinion is that when we are fighting active cancer, the doses of what we use should be on the high side as long as they are safe. I prefer less drugs and supplements but higher doses in cycles and switch with others after about a month. Regarding Quercetin, while I think everyone should respect what he thinks/feels it is safe, 500mg is very low in my view.

Could you please share the reference you mentioned above, on the Choloroquine effectiveness at low dose? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Daniel

ReplyQuote
Victor
(@victor)
18/03/2018 3:38 pm  

Hi Daniel,

please click on my links 😉 - all the blue text parts are links, I underline them now.  This is the link to the study again. In there it says: „... randomly assigned to receive CQ [chloroquine] at 250mg/week (n=5) or 500mg/week (n=7) for 4 weeks“ Via email Dr. Espina told me: „[of the 250mg group,]none of them having progressive disease (RECIST criteria). 250mg of chloroquine diphosphate was apparently sufficient„

I would say: of cause this is just a very early indication.

I am using this metabloc combination in addition to standard-of-care. This currently means observation for me. So using the PSA value I will be able to see if my dose has an effect and if not increase it. I use the same dose for Metformin and Metabloc as Klaus Abend (this is another link) and he reports success with it.

Did you ever read whether R-Alpha Lipoic Acid makes a difference to general Alpha Lipoic Acid regarding anti-cancer effect? I am unsure.

Victor

ReplyQuote
Daniel
(@daniel)
New Member Admin
18/03/2018 8:34 pm  

Hi Victor,

Thanks. I now realize I've seen you used the links "hidden" under the words first time when I read your msg. but not when I responded 🙂 Thanks. That is a very useful link. Very relevant to other cancers as well! And with such a low dose used in the study it would be a pity not to be used.

If the standard of care you are currently using includes Chemo, I would indeed not increases the dose of ALA due to its strong anti oxidant action (I've seen it before - when given IV a few days later after chemo, it would stop chemo action - visible on CT).

I did came across info regarding the improved action of R-ALA. However, if I would want to reduce the risk of this being just a theory, I would use it in a higher dose like I said (also as mentioned, not with chemo). DCA may still be a better idea when combining with chemo.

Also, please read the point about Dypiridamole in this post  https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/reduce-cholesterol-in-cancer-cells-to-fight-cancer/ helping to maintain Statin's effectiveness. I would also consider all the other elements of the strategy discussed in this post, at least Piperine.

Since I see you are doing a good job in researching, I would appreciate sharing any other info you found relevant that may help others as well (such as the reference on Chloroquine). Thanks in advance for that, and if you have other questions please let me know.

Again, do not forget the Basentabs - the tip related to their potential (specifically in prostate cancer) came to me in private communications from a head of oncology department in Western Europe.

Kind regards,
Daniel

ReplyQuote
Share: