Clear all

RSS Upgrade Organizing Content on the Blog

48 Posts
4 Users
14 Likes
(@jcancom)
Topic starter  

^

Thank you Johan. Explains why I did not see it in November.

Β 

Johan could you do a thread remix for:

https://www.cancercompass.com/message-board/message/all,5726,0.htm

Β 

I would like to see how this rssdog works.

ReplyQuote
(@j)

there are supplements available, also some foods like cocoa are high in theobromine.

https://www.amazon.com/Bulksupplements-Theobromine-Powder-100-grams/dp/B01LBN3I76

ReplyQuote
(@jcancom)
Topic starter  

^

The article only used 20 micrograms/ml and still saw encouraging results. 100 gram package?

ReplyQuote
(@j)

@jcancom

I wouldn't be surprised it has a very strong, like raw cocoa, you'll not use much of it in a smoothie I suppose.

ReplyQuote
(@j)

strong taste I should say πŸ™‚Β 

ReplyQuote
(@j)

indeed apparently the maximum daily dose is an 1/8th of a teaspoon, about o,5 grams.

ReplyQuote
(@j)

Posted by: @jcancom

^

Thank you Johan. Explains why I did not see it in November.

Β 

Johan could you do a thread remix for:

https://www.cancercompass.com/message-board/message/all,5726,0.htm

Β 

I would like to see how this rssdog works.

Here's the feed from rssdog J: https://tinyurl.com/t4ujerr

RSSdog is really good at loading all the posts in the feed, inoreader disappoints in that regard. But RSSdog can only filter one keyword.

ReplyQuote
(@jcancom)
Topic starter  

^

Thank you Johan! I did not want to bug you about it, though I did want to see what the output would be.

Funnily enough I am getting a 503 error.

ReplyQuote
(@j)

Hi J, I made an rssfeed from the rssdog remix and was able to get all posts loaded this way, it's odd. It's not 100 clean but you do get all posts on one page which makes it easier to read imo. Here you could apply filters:

https://www.inoreader.com/stream/user/1005029157/tag/ESSIAC/view/html?n=100

ReplyQuote
(@jcancom)
Topic starter  

^

Thank you Johan! I am surprised, why don't they do remixes? I was not sure whether it would be so easy, though it appears that it is. Remixing would be one way to help provide an organized and easily understandable summary of a thread. My guess is that no one had thought of it before.Β 

ReplyQuote
(@jcancom)

johan and johan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@j)

@jcancom

cool! I haven't gotten time today but will be playing with the RSS feeds tonight!

We need to forget about the inoreader, articles/posts older than 1 month( in the reader) aren't filtered any longer so that won't work.

ReplyQuote
(@jcancom)
Topic starter  

Johan, this is exciting!

RSS technology looks so easy to fork. We can do most of this without having to bother D.

What would help now is if we could somehow upload an XML file. The idea is that we could take an RSS feed such as the 3-BP cancer compass thread, manually edit it, organize it, probably break it up into a number of subthreads (index it?) and then upload it somewhere to a url that rss dog would recognize. rss dog could then given us a url for this feed and we would be all set.

It is remarkable. No programming knowledge would be needed and people could start using this.This is so simple that as soon as we get over one or two more hurdles anyone could try this idea out. The one thing holding us back is having some sort of an RSS drop box that did not accept new posts and that did not actively check the status of the associated thread. If there were some way that the RSS update function could be turned off we would be ready.Β  There are probably all sorts of ways the same thing could be done with software, though if we kept it conceptually easy for people without programming experience the idea could take off right away.

ReplyQuote
(@j)

Hey J, you have great ideas! I'm looking into something that I think will suit our needs.

Best

Johan

ReplyQuote
(@jcancom)
Topic starter  

I am trying to process the 3-BP through rssdog. Server is down! ERRR!

ReplyQuote
(@jcancom)

johan and johan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@j)

@jcancom

Hi J, I emailed the staff at inoreader and they are considering changing the 1-month limitation. I'm also looking into an alternative.Β 

ReplyQuote
(@jcancom)
Topic starter  

Johan, thank you for seeking input from inoreader.

I am still interested in the idea of being able to post to an inactive RSS drop box. This would make it so easy to make this entire concept be applicable. We already have most of the tools that we need. First, from the RSS signal retrieve the XML file for a thread. Second, edit this XML file. And, lastly, and some trickily post the XML file online to some url (e.g., an inactive RSS box) that can then be linked to via a url on a post.

What we want is an RSS box that is like a mailbox that is locked so that new mail cannot be deposited, while if you like you can read what is in the mailbox. RSS links now are like mailboxes that only let you read the most recently deposited items. I might have to lurk around forums related to RSS in order to learn how to accomplish what I am interested in.Β  Β 

johan and johan reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: