316 Likes
10.2 K Views
(@j)

update

got to go hide the easter eggs!

Chris48 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@j)

Phase 1 Study of Erlotinib and Metformin in Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
Conclusion: Erlotinib and metformin were well tolerated in a population of pretreated mTNBC patients but did not demonstrate efficacy in this population.

ReplyQuote
(@manuone)

@j great! this is excellent! How are you?

I'm missing from the blog to try to redirect my life!😅

ReplyQuote
(@j)

Posted by: @manuone

@j great! this is excellent! How are you?

I'm missing from the blog to try to redirect my life!😅

Hola Manuel, todo bien, gracias! 

Un abrazo

J

ReplyQuote
(@j)

update

Manuone, Chris48 and RoseD reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rosed)

@j Hey Johan.... any ideas on good dosage for magnesium sulfate?

ReplyQuote
(@j)

Posted by: @rosed

@j Hey Johan.... any ideas on good dosage for magnesium sulfate?

@rosaleend Hi! From the study, the human dose would be approx 445mg/day for a 55 kg person and 600mg for a 75 kg person.

Chris48 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@j)

Effect of magnesium supplements on serum C-reactive protein: a systematic review and meta-analysis

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6040119/

Chris48 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chris48)
Topic starter  

I found another review from Nov 2022 about natural compounds which might be effective against TNBC.

"In this review paper, we have compiled a list of putative oncogenic molecular pathways in TNBCs, as well as how purified plant-derived natural chemicals target and modify the genes and/or proteins involved in these atypical pathways to demonstrate their anticancer potential. Here we have discussed the anticancer activity of natural products which may have alkaloids, terpenoids, flavonoids, steroids, and miscellaneous metabolites against TNBC. The ability of these natural products on suppressing cell growth, proliferation, migration, inflammation, angiogenesis, epithelialmesenchymal transition (EMT), and apoptosis activation in TNBC metastasis was reported."

Any thoughts on their approach and findings?

PS: Since I always get an error message when including the link here, I attached the whole study as a pdf. 

johan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@j)

Posted by: @chris48

I found another review from Nov 2022 about natural compounds which might be effective against TNBC.

"In this review paper, we have compiled a list of putative oncogenic molecular pathways in TNBCs, as well as how purified plant-derived natural chemicals target and modify the genes and/or proteins involved in these atypical pathways to demonstrate their anticancer potential. Here we have discussed the anticancer activity of natural products which may have alkaloids, terpenoids, flavonoids, steroids, and miscellaneous metabolites against TNBC. The ability of these natural products on suppressing cell growth, proliferation, migration, inflammation, angiogenesis, epithelialmesenchymal transition (EMT), and apoptosis activation in TNBC metastasis was reported."

PS: Since I always get an error message when including the link here, I attached the whole study as a pdf. 

@chris48 I absolutely agree with their conclusion which is that they believe that "TNBC is treated more effectively with plant-derived or natural chemicals in combination with traditional chemotherapeutic drugs, presumably with fewer adverse effects." And I'd add to that: drug repurposing, diet, and other lifestyle choices such as stress management. In my view, the hard part is to choose the most effective adjuvant treatments, get the dosage right, etc.

Chris48 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@j)

an update on one of the diagrams and an interesting study:Human bronchial carcinoid tumor initiating cells are targeted by the combination of acetazolamide and sulforaphane https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6716820/

Manuone and Chris48 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rosed)

@j Thanks a million..... perfect..... I am 55 kg.  Thank you for sending on the link too!

ReplyQuote
(@j)

@j Thanks a million..... perfect..... I am 55 kg.  Thank you for sending on the link too!

@rosaleend magnesium has been shown to reduce c-reactive protein and magnesium sulfate (also called Epsom salt, named after a town in England where it was first found) reduces ammonia, it's the one mineral that doesn't seem to have any downside to it except for an antagonistic interaction during oxaliplatin-based chemo. Magnesium is important for proper vitamin D and B1 usage etc. It's THE anti-stress mineral!

ReplyQuote
(@j)

synergy flowchart updated

ReplyQuote
(@j)

pathways diagram updated (Fatty Acid Synthase Gene Is Up-regulated by Hypoxia via Activation of Akt and Sterol Regulatory Element Binding Protein-1). 

RoseD and Chris48 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@j)

MMP-9 expression varies according to molecular subtypes of breast cancer
MMP-9 overexpression revealed itself as a startling feature of triple-negative and HER2-positive breast cancers
https://bmccancer.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2407-14-609

IKK–NF-κB activation induces MMP9

Pathways diagram update attached

ReplyQuote
(@j)

Posted by: @j

MMP-9 expression varies according to molecular subtypes of breast cancer
MMP-9 overexpression revealed itself as a startling feature of triple-negative and HER2-positive breast cancers
https://bmccancer.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2407-14-609

IKK–NF-κB activation induces MMP9

Pathways diagram update attached

Supporting research, studies, and dosage estimates @ https://synergiesforcancertreatments.blogspot.com/p/triple-negative-breast-cancer-tnbc.html

ReplyQuote
(@chris48)
Topic starter  

@chris48 I absolutely agree with their conclusion which is that they believe that "TNBC is treated more effectively with plant-derived or natural chemicals in combination with traditional chemotherapeutic drugs, presumably with fewer adverse effects." And I'd add to that: drug repurposing, diet, and other lifestyle choices such as stress management. In my view, the hard part is to choose the most effective adjuvant treatments, get the dosage right, etc.

Yes, absolutely. I was just wondering if they might identified promising substances that could make it into your TNBC chart. Because many of them have not been discussed on this website yet. E.g. Amentoflavone, Kaempferol, Pseudopterosin or Indirubin.

RoseD and johan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chris48)
Topic starter  

Supporting research, studies, and dosage estimates @ https://synergiesforcancertreatments.blogspot.com/p/triple-negative-breast-cancer-tnbc.html

This is gold! I hope many people find it!

RoseD and johan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@j)

Yes, absolutely. I was just wondering if they might identified promising substances that could make it into your TNBC chart. Because many of them have not been discussed on this website yet. E.g. Amentoflavone, Kaempferol, Pseudopterosin or Indirubin.

@chris48 Indeed Chris, amentoflavone is an interesting substance, I am not aware of any synergies but will look into it,  it's on the HER+ and pathways diagram, and now twice because of your post I ended up making another addition (see MMP-9). I've been going back and forth about Kaempferol and its use in BC. I am still not convinced. Pseudopterosin or Indirubin is new to me! 

Chris48 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@j)

HER+ diagram

RoseD reacted
ReplyQuote
(@j)

Some notes and ideas

Chris48 and RoseD reacted
ReplyQuote
(@j)

HER+ diagram

sorry HER2+

Chris48 and RoseD reacted
ReplyQuote
(@j)

This is gold! I hope many people find it!

@chris48 For quite some years now, Google has been suppressing blogs like mine, and they are really pushing mainstream medical information. Facebook ditto, a few years ago I tried posting the case report of my father in law, we're talking glioblastoma, a cancer with no cure and invariably fatal, and after a week or two those posts were deleted.

Just now I searched "Case Report of a Glioblastoma Survivor" which is the title of my blog post...nothing ... not even on the last page of the search results. 

In May last year, Google hired someone from the FDA, which really says it all IMO.

ReplyQuote
(@j)

Nah, I do get visits from Google ... admin.corp ...

It's not just an algorithm anymore, they check sites manually 

ReplyQuote
(@j)

They only managed to get 1 participant for this clinical trial "Oral Calcitriol With Ketoconazole in CRPC", so they had to terminate it. With so many people with prostate cancer, you'd expect it would be easy to find people.

ReplyQuote
(@manuone)

@j great job Johan! This is excellent I'll take a copy if you don't mind 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@j)

Posted by: @manuone

@j great job Johan! This is excellent I'll take a copy if you don't mind 🙂

@manuone Thank you, and of course I don't mind Manuel 🙂 These images are 300 PPI so that's high resolution, perfect for printing.

If you have any suggestions please let me know.

ReplyQuote
(@rosed)

@j Did you see that Donald Trump was the Clinical Trial Investigator..... funny enough, there is an oncologist named Donald Trump in Virgina..... isn't that a hoot, hahahah!

ReplyQuote
(@j)

@j Did you see that Donald Trump was the Clinical Trial Investigator..... funny enough, there is an oncologist named Donald Trump in Virgina..... isn't that a hoot, hahahah!

@rosaleend Yeah, I saw that! It had me confused for a moment, lol.

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 23
Share: