(@j)

atorvastatin + phloretin

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5774525/

ReplyQuote
jens
 jens
(@jens)

Hi Johan.

Lourdes was scheduled for  the chemo tomorrow  but her platelets were low at 48. I am thinking its a side  effect of the Sodium Phenylbutyrate.I am giving her 6G in two divided of doses of 3G  with 4G of DCA. We are still trying to work up to 9G. Ofcourse I am not sure if it is the SPB but that my assumption. Another possibility could be the high dose Nicotinamide. I started the Nicotinamide high dose especially for the neurotrophy.They postponed the chemo for one week. What in your opinion is the quickest way to raise her platelets. I was thinking to use 1. Papaya Leaf Extract, Chlorophyll, and Aloe Vera.

Thanks.

Jens

ReplyQuote
(@j)

@jens Hi Jens, in rare cases PB could cause this although likely it's a consequence of chemotherapy itself? But you're right PB and niacin may have an effect. I think it's OK to just interrupt both substances for a week or so, and focus on getting her counts back up. PLE, Chlorophyll and aloe vera can help, indeed. Here are some other suggestions:

1. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, proof of concept study to assess the safety and efficacy of Carica papaya and Tinospora cordifolia leaf extract (Thrombobliss) in subjects undergoing chemotherapy treatment and subjects with systemic microbial infection and subsequent reduction in platelet count Conclusions: This study showed that novel combination of Carica papaya and Tinospora cordifolia leaf extract effectively increases platelet count and can be used to treat thrombocytopenia. It is also evident that this combination is safe and effective in treating thrombocytopenia patients due to dengue and other microbial infection.
    https://www.ijclinicaltrials.com/index.php/ijct/article/view/214
  2. INVESTIGATION INTO THERAPEUTIC ROLE OF TRITICUM AESTIVUM (WHEAT) GRASS IN BUSULFAN INDUCE THROMBOCYTOPENIA
    https://www.researchgate.net/publication/255909450_INVESTIGATION_INTO_THERAPEUTIC_ROLE_OF_TRITICUM_AESTIVUM_WHEAT_GRASS_IN_BUSULFAN_INDUCE_THROMBOCYTOPENIA
    In conclusion, our data suggest Triticum aestivum possess beneficial effect in thrombocytopenia and pancytopenia conditions by increase platelet counts. In addition it also produces immunostimulant effects.
  3. Ocimum flavone Orientin as a countermeasure for thrombocytopenia (Tulsi)
    The results show that Orientin, a non-toxic readily available natural product can counter platelet imbalances. Thrombocytopenia also develop as a consequence of multiple hematologic malignancies and side effects of treatments. Dietary supplementation of Orientin containing phytochemicals could be effective as countermeasures and viable therapeutics.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-23419-x
  4. Shark liver oil
    https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1534735404264968
    "A dose of 500 mg purified shark liver oil 3
    times a day with meals is recommended; the dose may
    be doubled if the platelet count falls below normal."
  5. PSIDIUM GUAJAVA L. EXTRACT INCREASES PLATELET COUNT THROUGH ENHANCEMENT OF STEM CELL FACTOR EXPRESSION IN THROMBOCYTOPENIC MICE MODEL
    https://www.researchgate.net/publication/322270844_PSIDIUM_GUAJAVA_L_EXTRACT_INCREASES_PLATELET_COUNT_THROUGH_ENHANCEMENT_OF_STEM_CELL_FACTOR_EXPRESSION_IN_THROMBOCYTOPENIC_MICE_MODEL

ReplyQuote
jens
 jens
(@jens)

Hi Johan. 

Thanks for the  information. Useful. Its been a rough week with her symptoms after the radiotherapy. Lourdes has lost her sense of balance and her behavior is not normal. Seems like some swelling is present.  I am hoping its  temporary rather than permanent damage from the Radiotherapy.

I have ordered items from india hopefully it will be a good experience. 

Ordered

Niclosamide 500mg = 20 Usd/100 TABS                                                                                              Tamoxifen      20mg = 6 Usd/100 TABS                                                                                              Ammoncaps 500mg = 150 Usd/1000 TABS                                                                                                    Azithromycin 250mg = 11 Usd/60 TABS                                                                                                          Mebendazole 100mg =3 Usd/60TABS                                                                                                  Ivermectin      12mg =15Usd/100TABS

I am going to switch to Mebendazole from fenbendazole. 

I will list the supplier if everything is okay for others as its quite cheap. The Ammoncaps is the Sodium Phenylbutyrate.

Thanks.

Jens 

ReplyQuote
(@j)

Posted by: @jens

Hi Johan. 

Thanks for the  information. Useful. Its been a rough week with her symptoms after the radiotherapy. Lourdes has lost her sense of balance and her behavior is not normal. Seems like some swelling is present.  I am hoping its  temporary rather than permanent damage from the Radiotherapy.

I have ordered items from india hopefully it will be a good experience. 

Ordered

Niclosamide 500mg = 20 Usd/100 TABS                                                                                              Tamoxifen      20mg = 6 Usd/100 TABS                                                                                              Ammoncaps 500mg = 150 Usd/1000 TABS                                                                                                    Azithromycin 250mg = 11 Usd/60 TABS                                                                                                          Mebendazole 100mg =3 Usd/60TABS                                                                                                  Ivermectin      12mg =15Usd/100TABS

I am going to switch to Mebendazole from fenbendazole. 

I will list the supplier if everything is okay for others as its quite cheap. The Ammoncaps is the Sodium Phenylbutyrate.

Thanks.

Jens 

@jens symptoms will depend on the area of the brain that has received the radiation, I think it is most likely to be transient, very tough nonetheless. Those prices are very good.

Take care

ReplyQuote
(@j)

@jens borage oil will help fight the inflammation from RX. It's a potent anti-inflammatory.

ReplyQuote
(@j)

Posted by: @j

@jens borage oil will help fight the inflammation from RX. It's a potent anti-inflammatory.

Anti-inflammatory

Increase PGE1 (which is one of the most potent anti-inflammatory enzymes): Borage oil

COX 2 inhibition: Celecoxib, Evodiamine

Avoid too much COX1 Pathway inhibition as that reduces PGE1 (no aspirin)

12-lipoxygenase inhibition: Baicalein, Quercetin

5-lipoxygenase inhibition: Baicalein, Caffeic acid, Boswellia

NF-KB inhibition: Evodiamine

ReplyQuote
(@j)

Urtica dioica Leaf Infusion Enhances the Sensitivity of Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Cells to Cisplatin Treatment

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/370994845_Urtica_dioica_Leaf_Infusion_Enhances_the_Sensitivity_of_Triple-Negative_Breast_Cancer_Cells_to_Cisplatin_Treatment

Nettle leaf extract is also anti-inflammatory, and offsets the side effects of COX2 inhibitors.

ReplyQuote
(@j)

@jens

Treatment of adverse radiation effects with Boswellia serrata after failure of pentoxifylline and vitamin E: illustrative cases

https://thejns.org/caselessons/view/journals/j-neurosurg-case-lessons/5/5/article-CASE22488.xml

BACKGROUND

Adverse radiation effects (AREs) can occur after stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS), and symptomatic cases are often treated with corticosteroids, pentoxifylline, and vitamin E. The supplement 5-Loxin (Boswellia serrata) is an extract of Indian frankincense that inhibits vascular endothelial growth factor expression and has been shown to reduce perilesional edema in brain tumor patients undergoing fractionated radiation.

OBSERVATIONS

Three patients underwent SRS for meningioma or metastasis and developed symptomatic AREs at 4 to 8 months. They were initially treated with corticosteroids, pentoxifylline, and vitamin E with transient improvement followed by recurrent neurological symptoms and imaging findings as steroids were tapered off. All patients were rescued by the administration of 5-Loxin with resolution of neurological symptoms and imaging changes, discontinuation of steroids, and no medication side effects.

LESSONS

The author’s early experience with 5-Loxin has been encouraging, and this supplement has become the author’s first-line treatment for acute radiation effects after SRS. The author reserves bevacizumab for significant mass effect or failure of oral therapy. 5-Loxin has many advantages including low cost, ease of use, and patient tolerability. More experience is needed to confirm the role of 5-Loxin in the upfront treatment of AREs.

ReplyQuote
(@daniel)
Admin

Hi @jens 

I am so sorry to hear about the challenges. Johan emailed me to let me know about the situation. Johan and I will send you a few Boswellia MEGA AKBA that may help base on this study:

Boswellia serrata acts on cerebral edema in patients irradiated for brain tumors https://acsjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cncr.25945

I hope it will arrive very soon, maybe in 2 days.

Kind regards,
Daniel

johan reacted
ReplyQuote
jens
 jens
(@jens)

@j Hi Johan.

Thanks for mentioning Lourdes to Daniel. I had to admit her to the hospital sadly. She was not improving  but getting slightly worse. She was on 8 Mg of Dexamethasone . They are now giving her 12 mg. Unfortunately they have to give a CT Scan prior to prescribing a MRI. Anyway results should be today.

I just started her on Borage oil ( Appropriate dosage for brain edema?) Naproxen and Baicalin two days ago. I am waiting for the Boswellia .

I have seen conflicting studies on Naproxen as a aCOX-2 for brain edemas. What are your thoughts? 

A always  thanks for giving your time and help.

Jens

ReplyQuote
jens
 jens
(@jens)

@daniel Hi Daniel.

Thank you for the kind gesture. I am going to start  her on the Boswellia immediately. I forgot to ask Johan, in your opinion what  do you think should be the dosage when combined with Dexamethasone.

Also i am not sure if you recall but you recommended the Easypump Elastomeric Infusion Pump (Braun II ST 100-0,5-S) for 2 DG metromonic. I had our Integrative Dr fill it  following the Lampidis Foundation Protocol but each time the 1 GM is released quickly in about 5 hrs. Is there another recommendation or is he simply not filling it correctly. Its seems very full after the 2 DG in filled. 

Thanks Daniel.

Jens

ReplyQuote
(@j)

@jens naproxen seems to be slightly more Cox 1 selective. For the borage oil, I'd use at least 1000mg and up to 3000mg depending on how much other anti-inflammatory she's taking like boswellia (2000mg to 4000mg).

COX 2 inhibition: Celecoxib
Increase PGE1 (which is one of the most potent anti-inflammatory enzymes): Borage oil, DHA, EPA
Reduce prostaglandin E2 (PGE2): Bromelein
Reduce leukotrienes 4/5: EPA
NF-KB inhibition: Sulforaphane, etc

ReplyQuote
(@j)

@jens naproxen seems to be slightly more Cox 1 selective. For the borage oil, I'd use at least 1000mg and up to 3000mg depending on how much other anti-inflammatory she's taking like boswellia (2000mg to 4000mg).

COX 2 inhibition: Celecoxib
Increase PGE1 (which is one of the most potent anti-inflammatory enzymes): Borage oil, DHA, EPA
Reduce prostaglandin E2 (PGE2): Bromelein
Reduce leukotrienes 4/5: EPA
NF-KB inhibition: Sulforaphane, etc

In addition, I'd take 1000mg of ascorbic acid, a little magnesium, a B complex (b50), and zinc. 

ReplyQuote
(@j)

Neuroprotective and Anti-Inflammatory Effect of Pterostilbene Against Cerebral Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury via Suppression of COX-2

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fphar.2021.770329/full

ReplyQuote
(@j)

@daniel Hi Daniel.

Also i am not sure if you recall but you recommended the Easypump Elastomeric Infusion Pump (Braun II ST 100-0,5-S) for 2 DG metromonic. I had our Integrative Dr fill it  following the Lampidis Foundation Protocol but each time the 1 GM is released quickly in about 5 hrs. Is there another recommendation or is he simply not filling it correctly. Its seems very full after the 2 DG in filled. 

Thanks Daniel.

Jens

@manuone, how are you? @daniel tells me you have experience with this pump, any idea what could be causing the issue @jens is having?

ReplyQuote
(@j)

@daniel Hi Daniel.

Thanks Daniel.

Jens

@manuone, how are you? @daniel tells me you have experience with this pump, any idea what could be causing the issue @jens is having?

@jens

I just had a look at the pump and your pump appears to have a 200ml per hour flow rate, these pumps appear to have a fixed flow rate.

My guess you need another model to have the medication delivered over 24 hours.

https://mms.mckesson.com/product/929180/B-Braun-4540006-02

ReplyQuote
(@manuone)

@j Hi johan and jess.

I don't have much experience with Bbraun brand pumps, I used them only a few times at first. I suspect this is due to the infusion speed of the elastomeric pump... I used pumps that infused 4ml/h or 2ml/h... there are different capacities and speeds. For example, if the 2dg bags of 1g have a volume of 200ml, to pass the medicine in 50 hours you need a speed of 4ml/h. I

think I remember that some of them had only 100ml capacity, so I had to recharge with another 100ml after 25 hours (all this approximately). On the market there are elastomeric pumps of different capacities and speeds, you can try another brand https://www.hrmedtec.com/p-1324/Disposable-Infusion-Pump.html

Kind regards

johan reacted
ReplyQuote
jens
 jens
(@jens)

@j Hi Johan. 

Lourdes is still in the hospital sadly. She is on 8mg of Dexamethasone still with no improvement. But starting 2 days ago she has  developed severe shortness of breath when exerting a small amount. Her resting oxygen is at 98 percent. I mentioned this to the doctors but no real response was given. Could it be a side effect of the Dexamethasone use? She has no rash.

Aslo I started her on the Bosweilla. Question on the study Daniel referenced the patients were on 4500mg per day. How does that coralate with the liposomal version at MCS formulas.

Thanks.

Jens

ReplyQuote
(@j)

@j Hi Johan. 

Lourdes is still in the hospital sadly. She is on 8mg of Dexamethasone still with no improvement. But starting 2 days ago she has  developed severe shortness of breath when exerting a small amount. Her resting oxygen is at 98 percent. I mentioned this to the doctors but no real response was given. Could it be a side effect of the Dexamethasone use? She has no rash.

Aslo I started her on the Bosweilla. Question on the study Daniel referenced the patients were on 4500mg per day. How does that coralate with the liposomal version at MCS formulas.

Thanks.

Jens

@jens Hi Jens, I'm no expert but I think dexamethasone's main anti-inflammatory action is through increased cortisol. Maybe it's too much and nrf2 is down which could cause allergic reactions. Sulforaphane can increase nrf2. Resting oxygen is very good. I d ask her doctors if a lower dexa dose is an option.

Also, too much cortisol isn't a good thing when there's cancer. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33635590/

Assuming better bioavailability with liposomal delivery less boswellia would be needed. If a recall well the capsules aren't big and easy to swallow (not sure though), I'd start at 5 capsules a day (2000mg) for a week and maybe up titrate to 4000mg. (10 capsules) 

ReplyQuote
(@j)

@j Hi Johan. 

Thanks.

Jens

@jens Hi Jens, I'm no expert but I think dexamethasone's main anti-inflammatory action is through increased cortisol. Maybe it's too much and nrf2 is down which could cause allergic reactions. Sulforaphane can increase nrf2. Resting oxygen is very good. I d ask her doctors if a lower dexa dose is an option.

Also, too much cortisol isn't a good thing when there's cancer. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33635590/

Assuming better bioavailability with liposomal delivery less boswellia would be needed. If a recall well the capsules aren't big and easy to swallow (not sure though), I'd start at 5 capsules a day (2000mg) for a week and maybe up titrate to 4000mg. (10 capsules) 

Sulforaphane prevents dexamethasone-induced muscle atrophy via regulation of the Akt/Foxo1 axis in C2C12 myotubes

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/320084658_Sulforaphane_prevents_dexamethasone-induced_muscle_atrophy_via_regulation_of_the_AktFoxo1_axis_in_C2C12_myotubes

Maybe DEXA is causing respiratory muscle weakness

ReplyQuote
(@j)

Sulforaphane suppresses metastasis of triple-negative breast cancer cells by targeting the RAF/MEK/ERK pathway
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41523-022-00402-4

(I've updated the synergy diagram)

ReplyQuote
(@j)

@jens Boswellia serrata as an alternative to Dexamethasone to treat peritumoural oedema

https://search.informit.org/doi/epdf/10.3316/informit.291978678242446

definitely worth reading

ReplyQuote
(@j)

Enhanced Bioavailability of Boswellic Acid by Piper longum: A Computational and Pharmacokinetic Study

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/347145353_Enhanced_Bioavailability_of_Boswellic_Acid_by_Piper_longum_A_Computational_and_Pharmacokinetic_Study

ReplyQuote
jens
 jens
(@jens)

@j Hi Johan. 

It's very interesting. I am almost tempted to send it to the oncologists but  decided against. I think it could help s lot of patients. 

Jens

ReplyQuote
(@j)

@j Hi Johan. 

It's very interesting. I am almost tempted to send it to the oncologists but  decided against. I think it could help s lot of patients. 

Jens

Very few oncologists are willing to look into alternatives, and they usually discourage trying anything outside their toolbox. 

ReplyQuote
(@j)

@j Hi Johan. 

Jens

@jens At the end of the article they also mention Acetazolamide. I've posted about it before, to inhibit CA iX. But apparently, it can also be used to reduce cerebral edema 

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12028-021-01261-w

Synergistic with sulforaphane and rapamycin

ReplyQuote
(@j)

case report

https://www.cureus.com/articles/31-a-case-report-of-combination-treatment-for-brain-meningioma-a-different-approach#!/

Discussion

Prescribing steroids in order to minimize peritumoral edema, especially during radiation treatment of brain tumors located near sensitive structures, has been a common practice. Although their efficacy is well-established, they produce multiple side-effects and have a profound negative influence on cytokine release and immune cell function. The immune system, as a whole, plays an integral role in destroying cancer cells and perhaps is the key element of the radiation treatment abscopal effect and an important factor in the bystander effect [1].

Recently, alternative steroid sparing agents have been utilized in order to reduce brain tumor edema, such as boswellic acids which act as 5-lipoxygenase (5-LOX) inhibitors, with quite satisfying results [2]. The blockage of arachidonic acid (ARA) cascade could minimize radiation treatment adverse reactions through reduction of pro-inflammatory eicosanoids and could possibly also enhance therapeutic results. Upregulation of intracellular unesterified ARA could accentuate both pathways of apoptosis, extrinsic and intrinsic [3-9].

There are three arachidonic acid depleting enzyme classes: cyclooxygenases (COX-1 and COX-2), lipoxygenases (5-LOX, 12-LOX, and 15-LOX), and cytochrome P450 (CYP450). Inhibition of each one of them raises intracellular ARA levels, although combined inhibition could provide the most profound results [10]. Corticosteroids prevent the release of ARA from cancer cells via inhibition of cytosolic phospholipase A2 (cPLA2), an action which results in less available pro-inflammatory mediators, but also in less intracellular ARA. There is evidence that in some cases corticosteroids are counter-productive when they are used in combination treatments [11-12].

Cimetidine is a competent CYP450 inhibitor, and valproic acid downregulates both COX2 isoenzyme and long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase [13-14], thus boosting intracellular ARA levels. An addition to its effect on ARA cascade is the ability to inhibit histone deacetylase (HDAC) [15-17]; studies regarding its therapeutic potential in cancer are either completed or underway.

Acetazolamide, an inhibitor of all carbonic anhydrase (CA) isoenzymes and aquaporin-4 [18], could contribute as an add-on treatment for edema alleviation. Interestingly enough, CA inhibitors demonstrate anti-cancer activity [19-20], because tumors rely on carbonic anhydrases (especially isoenzymes IX, XII, IV) in order to survive the acidic environment they create and sustain. Another aspect of the indiscriminate CA inhibition is the effect on the mitochondrial CA Va and CA Vb, which could result in less lipogenesis [21] of the cancer cells due to the diminished action of pyruvate carboxylase.  De novo lipogenesis protects cancer cells from free radicals, minimizing membrane polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAS) [22]. Blocking CA activity could enhance known therapeutic modalities. 

ReplyQuote
(@j)

It appears I got the mechanism of action of dexamethasone wrong, it does the opposite of what I said hehe, but since dexa is basically synthetic cortisol, and more potent, I believe it mimics higher cortisol. 

ReplyQuote
(@manuone)

@jens 

I'm sorry about the situation, as you have been recommended, a high amount of boswellic acids can help. Another interesting option could be the use of high-dose inhaled molecular hydrogen, but obviously you couldn't use it in the hospital.

ReplyQuote
Page 20 / 23
Share: