Minerval!!! Targeti...

Minerval!!! Targeting the Cancer's Lipid Membrane!  

Page 2 / 3
  RSS

Jcancom
(@jcancom)
05/10/2019 5:49 pm  

This is the one that I was actually thinking about. This is the entire metabolic map of humans.

http://biochemical-pathways.com/#/map/1

The one below is from wiki and is more abbreviated; actually it is much easier to see and understand what is going on.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metabolic_pathway

(for some reason the labels did not paste in with the figure)

Metro-style map of major metabolic pathways

Yudaitheska and johan liked
ReplyQuote
Jcancom
(@jcancom)
05/10/2019 6:05 pm  

This is beta oxidation. One thing that has been in the recesses of mind for a while is: why not overload the cell with NADH with beta oxidation? The idea here would be increase NADH and then turn off OXPHOS subunit 1 that processes it with perhaps Methylglyoxal. Why would you want to do this, as you would also be making a lot of ATP with the acetyl--COA (10 per cycle)? Well, for one you would have rerouted the glycolysis pathway, perhaps this would mean less lactate export. Also the NADH to NAD+ ratio would change; this ratio has substantial relevance for how the cell controls internal processes. This might be one to investigate further.   

Cn-acyl-CoA + FAD + NAD+
+ H
O
+ CoA → Cn-2-acyl-CoA + FADH
+ NADH + H+
+ acetyl-CoA

ReplyQuote
johan
(@johan)
05/10/2019 6:14 pm  

lol, definitely a notch or two above my avatar, J.!

It's funny you posted this picture of the metabolic pathways today b/c just yesterday I was thinking of buying one of those metabolic pathway posters to hang in my office.

ReplyQuote
Jcancom
(@jcancom)
05/10/2019 6:37 pm  

johan, I would say go for it. Of course, it is always easier to spend other people's money. Yet, these metabolic pathways really are what we have spent the last many years discussing endlessly. When you have the metabolic pathway map you have a bird's eye view of what is actually happening and a much better sense of how the overall network functions and how it interacts.

The great thing with this map is that this is all there is, there is no logic that is somehow external to it. Cancer is essentially imprisoned in this logic which is an extraordinary limitation. If you were able to shut-down all the pathways of energy selectively for cancer, that would be it. There would then be no hidden trick that it could use. There are actually fewer pathways on the figure than one might have suspected (especially the "subway" map on wiki that I posted above, the Roche one is quite intense. It is likely true that it would be naive to think that there is a simple single "answer" that one could derive from these figures, yet being able to jolt cancer with e.g., the idea of going through beta-oxidation and then shutting off OXPHOS and overloading the cell with NADH, or depleting glycogen and then returning with a glucose reduction strategy could be the next generation of ideas that some on the forum might be able to apply to exploit another dimension of cancer weakness.  

A 15 minute daily mediation on such a map would certainly increase your state of cancer consciousness. I am sure such deliberations would be much more instructive than a calm blue ocean etc..

johan liked
ReplyQuote
Shanti
(@shanti)
05/10/2019 7:05 pm  

This is the one I use, the same as what Jcancom linked to: http://biochemical-pathways.com/#/map/1.

You can actually download the poster for printing here: https://www.roche.com/sustainability/philanthropy/science_education/pathways/pathways-ordering.htm I printed it out on 8x11 paper and taped them together with 4 inch wide packing tape so it is like they are laminated.  Then you can draw on it with dry-erase markers.  Such a nerd, I know, lol. 

Yudaitheska and johan liked
ReplyQuote
Jcancom
(@jcancom)
05/10/2019 7:13 pm  

Shanti, that is very impressive! The Roche figure is almost too much information. However, the way I see it is usually best to let yourself be exposed to the full intensity of a challenge and then let yourself grow into the challenge. At first it seems completely overwhelming, however, after a while it is no big deal. The problem that many people seem to make is that they never allow themselves to go omniscient so they are perpetually stuck with an impoverished vocabulary, point of view etc. Nonetheless, also having the "subway" map can give you reference point as the Roche can be difficult to navigate around. 

ReplyQuote
Manuone
(@manuone)
05/10/2019 7:20 pm  

Hi guys! I am alive and healthy! haha
For four days I have not had any side effects! Next week my mother will start but practically in monotherapy without adding drugs at the moment.
This is the plan:
- First week: "new molecule"
- Second week: "new molecule" + the usual cocktail
- Third week: ¨new molecule x2 "+ the usual cocktail
I have not found interactions with other drugs and having no answers I clearly choose to risk.
It is true that mitochondrial toxic accumulation should be taken into account. It is possible that in vivo this toxicity does not occur but if there is in vitro evidence of mitophagy
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5880956/

kind regards

johan liked
ReplyQuote
Shanti
(@shanti)
05/10/2019 7:21 pm  

@jcancom

Yes, it really is too much, especially because the printable chart from Roche has higher plants and bacteria pathways on it too!  Although there is a certain beauty about it all together on one chart, I am thinking of getting a simpler one though, for practicality.  Meanwhile, I am going to work on going omniscient ❤️ .

ReplyQuote
Shanti
(@shanti)
05/10/2019 7:33 pm  

@manuone

Hi Manuone, It is really great to hear from you, alive and well, and even without side effects. Glad to see you posting.

-Shanti

ReplyQuote
johan
(@johan)
05/10/2019 8:42 pm  

@manuone

well done and good luck next week with the new addition to your mother's treatment plan. I'm sure it'll work out great!

ReplyQuote
Jcancom
(@jcancom)
05/10/2019 8:57 pm  

Manuone, I have been so worried! Thank you for posting! While some of the other posters have shown their emotional power more openly (notably erg), even those of a more reserved inclination have emotional stirrings as well.It clearly demonstrates your integrity that you chose the "doctor's commitment" of taking the medicine that you would prescribe and treat with.

You are perhaps one of the only humans to have ever tried this molecule, so it truly is about breaking new ground. I am glad that you are thinking of this in terms of first monotherapy, I understand that the sort of endless caution that is shown in clinical trials is not available to you, though considering the power of this treatment it seems wise to take heed. You need some sense of the response and effects of this, which dose escalation can effectively provide. Adding in anti-glycolytics such as 2-DG as suggested in the patent could also amplify effectiveness. Perhaps it would be good to go back to the patent and figure out what molarity would be applicable in vivo in humans. At certain combo doses there was especially effective synergistic power. 

johan liked
ReplyQuote
johan
(@johan)
06/10/2019 1:39 am  

there´s also synergy with that other lignan, Manuel.

ReplyQuote
Jcancom
(@jcancom)
06/10/2019 2:39 am  

Wow, good one johan! The article below used from best that I can tell ~ 1mg/kg (Second paragraph of Discussion). They did reference 20x higher though I do not know if they actually included those results; they did mention that there were no side effects even at this dose. Your figure shows 20 mg/kg! Very large effect. State your sources! I am not sure where your figure is sourced from.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2589004218300452

ReplyQuote
Jcancom
(@jcancom)
06/10/2019 3:07 am  

johan, man, there are 187 TMZ HNK articles that is too many to go through. Help us out which one?

Found it! This is just scary. We could be looking at massive massive levels of effectiveness. I did not realize it but your figure was only talking about neat Honokiol.  Did your figure even include the TMZ in the combo? Strange part is that I remember a video where they noted that TMZ in GBM might not actually have no effect that it might relate more to a ketogenic effect.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5045382/

This could become a pile-on. Once we have a nice strong lever to work within the new addition then we could find these synergistic add-ons that greatly add power. Nice one johan!

johan liked
ReplyQuote
johan
(@johan)
06/10/2019 5:37 am  

Thanks, J.! TMZ continues to be the standard treatment for GBM, it amazes me.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: