Common cold virus could cure bladder cancer and possibly other cancers
A phase I study, by Viralytics(a Merk company since 2018), has recently published results on ICAM-1-targeted coxsackievirus A21 as a novel oncolytic agent against bladder cancer. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31273010
In this study, there were 15 patients enrolled:
- The first 9 patients received intravesical administration of monotherapy CAVATAK
- in the second stage, 6 patients received CAVATAK with a subtherapeutic dose of mitomycin C, known to enhance expression of ICAM-1 on bladder cancer cells
Results: Clinical activity of CAVATAK was demonstrated by induction of tumor inflammation and hemorrhage following either single or multiple administrations of CAVATAK in multiple patients, and a complete resolution of tumor in 1 patient.
This was a study on Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer. Another company using targeted treatments for bladder cancer is Sesen Bio https://sesenbio.com
- Hola. Escribo desde España, busco alguien que trate el cáncer avanzado de vejiga, su doctor decía que era infección de orina y le tuvo 6 meses con antibióticos estamos desesperados. Buscamos alguien que lo trate.
Hello. I am writing from Spain, I am looking for someone to treat advanced bladder cancer, his doctor said it was a urine infection and he had 6 months with antibiotics, we are desperate. We are looking for someone to treat you.
Hola. Necesito el nombre de alguien que trate el cáncer de vejiga avanzado. Por favor.
Hello. I need the name of someone who treats advanced bladder cancer. Please.
@loly Hi, I am not sure if I understand the situation exactly. Is there a diagnostic or you think its bladder cancer? Do you have an oncologist assigned already proposing a specific treatment?
@daniel. Le operaron ayer y el cirujano confirmó que era cáncer de vejiga muy extendido, solo le han quitado una parte del tumor, mañana le hacen un TAC para saber hasta dónde se ha extendido. Por protocolo han enviado una muestra a analizar pero dice que lo ve claramente. Dice que después del TAC puede ser que le extirpen la vejiga pero la enfermera me ha dicho que si está muy extendido le van a dejar cómo está. Estamos destrozados
They operated on him yesterday and the surgeon confirmed that it was very widespread bladder cancer, they have only removed a part of the tumor, tomorrow they will do a CT scan to find out how far it has spread. By protocol they have sent a sample to be analyzed but he says he sees it clearly. He says that after the CT scan his bladder may be removed, but the nurse has told me that if it is very extended they will leave him as he is. We are shattered
@loly I am so sorry to hear about that and I hope things will get better soon.
Here I propose how we can help here:
1. Latter today I will share with you here a list of repurposed drugs and supplements I would consider implementing (without knowing anything about drugs and supplements that you are using at this moment)
2. I ask Manuel, a friend and contributor to this website if he can help you with some suggestions regarding doctors in Spain, and he kindly agreed to help
3. When you know if Chemo is going to be started, you let me know what chemo and how it will be done and I will let you know how I would fit the supplements and drugs around that
Please, when you write here use Google translator (as I did for you above) and add the text in English so that I can read faster your comments. Thank you in advance for that.
@danielMuchisimas gracias. Voy descargar el traductor soy muy torpe para estas cosas. Gracias de corazón
@loly Dear Loly,
As promised, here is a list of drugs and supplements I would consider.
At about 2 weeks after the surgery I would consider starting with the following:
1. Curcumin - moving step by step towards a dose of about 7g/day
2. Cimetidine - 800mg/day (400mg morning and 400 mg evening)
3. Mbendazole - 500mg/day https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/the-over-the-counter-drug-mebendazole-acts-like-chemotherapy-but-with-virtually-no-side-effects/
4. Genistein 500mg/day https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/genistein/
5. Cyproheptadine https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/cyproheptadine/
6. Pyrvinium Pamoate https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/pyrvinium-pamoate/
7. Artemisinin https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/artemisia-annua-its-extract-artemisinin/
8 Metformin or Berberine 1.5g/day
Others to consider:
Targeting Major Signaling Pathways of Bladder Cancer with Phytochemicals: A Review https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/01635581.2020.1856895?journalCode=hnuc20
If chemo with Gemcitabine is started, please let me know.
These are of course ideas based on research and must be applied according to the patient condition and medication and should therefore be used as input to discuss with a healthcare practitioner.
Please respond in English (using Google translator).
Hello. Today they did the tac to my brother. We have asked about the results of the tests, but we have been told that until Monday we cannot speak with the doctor. Could you give me the name of a doctor in Spain? or get in touch with Manuel? I feel like they gave up on him before we started. Thank you
@loly Hi Loly, one option I am aware of is the following:
Dime tu correo electrónico e intentaré ayudarte con algún médico
Send me your email and i try to help you with a doctor